Lose Yourself Without Getting Lost.
This handy application presents you several self-guided walks featuring the best of the city, from world famous attractions to hidden gems. There simply is no better way to see a city on foot, at your own pace and at a cost that is only a fraction of what you would normally pay for a guided tour.
This app comes with a detailed and fully functional city map to help you explore the city and locate the sights of interest. City map functions included in this app are: street name and business (restaurants, cafes, etc.), search, location bookmarking, `Findme` (iPhone and iPad 3/4G model), movement tracking (iPhone and iPad 3/4G model), and more. You can track your steps, take photos along the way, and then share your tracks and photos with friends.
Sightseeing walks included in this application are:
* City Orientation Walk (13 sights)
* Christian Dubrovnik (7 sights)
* Museums and Galleries (9 sights)
* Specialty Shopping (7 sights)
* Daily Life in Dubrovnik (6 sights)
No Data Plan or Internet is Needed, and No Roaming either. All the data used in this app is built into the software, so there is no need for internet access or cellular data plan. No need to pay costly roaming charges when traveling to foreign cities. The app works with your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad.
All the navigation features related to the city walks are disabled in this Lite version, which means that you can view the walk details (sight descriptions and photos), but NO navigation assistance is provided to guide you from one sight to the next. Download the Lite version if you want to use the city map or learn about the city walks. However, if you want to join the walks, it is highly recommended that you download a Full Version of this app. The Full Version includes detailed walk route maps to guide you from one sight to the next.
Please visit our website at www.GPSmyCity.com to find city walks for over 470 cities worldwide.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. This app gives you the option to turn off the GPS tracking in the background to prolong the battery life.
- User interface and stability enhancements.
- Added tutorial videos.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
OK guide to Dubrovnik sights
The app has some simple information that was relatively easy to use. It's not so much a walking your as a list of sights - the paid version fills in holes in position and directions to the various sights.
The info is categorized as follows:
- 6 major Landmarks - We did miss information on some basic sights that we believe are important -
- 7 of the major Churches and Monasteries
- 9 of the museums and galleries
- shopping -Shopping highlights could be a lot better even if you skip all the tourist shops.
- nightlife. 6aliased although we miss one of the main ones on Banje beach
- Daily life - an interesting choice here
Liked the use of the iPhone compass and GPS on paid version, although the map could have been better.
Network access is only required for Directions to this sight'.
Major missing items:
- Some of the major sights are missing a photograph....
- the Map of the city is missing on the free version (pretty basic on a walking tour)
- info is very very limited on each sight - TWO pages would not have been too extreme
- GPSmyCity.com, Inc.
- 98 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2010 GPSmyCity.com, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.