If a word game and a dungeon crawler had a baby, this would be it. Arrange tiles to create magic words and blast rats, spiders and skeletons.
"BUY THIS GAME." - Eli Hodapp, admin of touchArcade
"If you don’t like word games, this one may actually convert you" - Big Albie
“Depending on how you look at it, Dungeon Scroll either takes adventuring/RPG games or Puzzle games where they haven't been before ... Puzzle game of the year” – Game Tunnel (PC version)
“With a great combination of real-time play, fantasy motif, and excellent mechanics (and a competent dictionary, I might add), Dungeon Scroll becomes my new favorite word game… Two thumbs up, way up!” – The Underdogs (PC version)
"Dungeon Scroll is an amazingly fun little game that really puts your vocabulary and quick-thinking skills through the wringer" - Gamespot (PC version)
The award winning game Dungeon Scroll is now fully optimized for play on your iPhone!
If a word game and a dungeon crawler had a baby, this would be it. Arrange tiles to create magic words and blast rats, spiders and skeletons. But beware, a great evil looms beneath the depths.
Grab your wand and sharpen your intellect for you’re about to embark on a dangerous journey through twenty-five of the most vile dungeons in the realm!
• Internet Global Highscore feature including world flags and the most comprehensive game details ever in a word-game!
• Automatic save/resume on exit
• Secrets and ‘magic words’ for you to find
• Kid Mode, Normal, and Wizard game modes
• High quality orchestral stereo soundtrack
• Created by award winning game designer Seth A. Robinson (Legend Of The Red Dragon, Dink Smallwood, Growtopia)
- Fixed broken scoreboard
- Automatically adds letterboxing if needed to keep correct artwork aspect ratio
Ratings and Reviews
good mash of puzzle quest and scrabble
This is a good if short game. You make up words from a stack of tiles to defeat several monsters. Every word you make damages the monster while they hit you. Your health bar is essentially a timer; the monsters hit you with a set frequency reducing your health. If your health hits 0 it's game over. There are 25 dungeons with 6 monsters in each. Once in while, when you defeat monsters you can get skill or health or luck increase (increases your chance of magic items). You'll also get special tiles that are health potions or extra damage. There's no save so you need to start from the beginning.
Once you finish there's not much reason to play over except to get a higher score. And the gameplay isn't that varied. It'd be nice for the monsters to have more character. For example, some need you to make 4 letter words to damage them but otherwise they only really vary in their health.
A Timeless Classic
Used to play this forever ago on my old kindle fire. Just as good now as it was then!
Nine years later, this is the game I have played the most on iOS
A gem. Smart and fun.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Robinson Technologies Corporation
- 25.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2003-2019 Robinson Technologies