Dynalist is a multi-purpose app that can be used as:
• a note-taking app to organize your notes
• a project management app to break down tasks and track progress
• an outliner app to outline and write books
• a wiki app to organize knowledge and information
Key features include:
• infinitely zooming bullet lists
• make checklists
• using # and @ tags
• add dates
• share lists publicly or privately
• cross link between lists
• insert images and LaTeX
• sync dates to Google Calendar (Pro feature)
• bookmark lists, bullets, and search results
• apply color labels
• upload files (Pro feature)
• make numbered lists
* Flat search improvements: breadcrumb is now moved to before the item, and items under the same parent are now grouped.
* Multi-line code blocks can now specify the language for the highlighter by specifying the language right after the three backticks. The language used to be auto-detected and could be wrong.
* Adjusted detection margin for drop location to child item.
* Fixed sync doesn’t start running until after a long delay.
* Fixed strikethrough, latex, and highlight cannot be escaped using backslash.
* Fixed sometimes getting out of flat search causes hotkeys to stop working.
* Fixed root item menu pushed off too far to the left when backlink indicator is showing.
* Fixed iPad tapping on date picker causes it to disappear.
Ratings and Reviews
Best outliner app but could be more iOS friendly
Dynalist is the best outliner app on the desktop and this is a decent iOS companion. It suffers from not being a native app, having slow sync, and missing some features available on the web app. Still, it is a reliable companion for those who use the web app and it keeps improving.
This One Wins
Is is perfect? No, but it *is* the best app I have tried (and I have tried them all) for organizing your writing. Dynalist in split screen with Ulysses or iA Writer is, without any real competition, the best writing experience on the iPad.
So, five stars. Not because there's nothing to improve, but because it's the best we've got, and if more people use it, maybe the developers will be able to spend time making this feel like an iOS app and a little less like a ported website. (Until then, the one bug which slowed me down at first has an easy fix : if you have it open with split screen and find the cursor getting captured by the OTHER app and not returning to Dynalist, use Command + Tab on your keyboard to switch back to the app.)
Dynalist Devs, thank you so much for making a truly useful app. If future versions felt a little less like a UI kit and a little more like Bear ... that would be wonderful, but take your time. This thing is worth getting right.
My most used and valued app ever
As a long time user of Workflowy, Dynalist was something that I monitored and tested a few times before I made the jump. But I have made the jump and I am so glad that I did. The features they have are truly remarkable. Here are a few of my favorite and most used features:
Move an node, or several at once, anywhere else in your nodeiverse (is that a word? It should be) with a shortcut key. This is huge.
Color any node, or several at once, which comes in handy when reviewing entire documents and finding information quickly.
Quick add of new idea (from anywhere):
Let’s say you’re working in a document. Invariably you’ll get a good-but-inconvenient idea related to something else. With Shift+Command+I you can pull up a dialog box, add your idea which goes right to your “inbox node” without leaving the document your working in. This is incredible and a major time and idea saver.
Recommendation to Dynalist:
Please have a quick add button on mobile so that it’s easier to add new ideas in the app. Right now, to add a new line at the top, you have to place your cursor at the end of the last character of your top-most node, add a new line, then use the up arrow to move that node above the previous one. Not ideal.
Amazing product. Thank you so so SO much. Dynalist is my most valued and used app!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Dynalist Inc.
- 23.2 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Dynalist Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.