Dynalist is a multi-purpose app that can be used as:
• a note-taking app to organize your notes
• a project management app to break down tasks and track progress
• an outliner app to outline and write books
• a wiki app to organize knowledge and information
Key features include:
• infinitely zooming bullet lists
• make checklists
• using # and @ tags
• add dates
• share lists publicly or privately
• cross link between lists
• insert images and LaTeX
• sync dates to Google Calendar (Pro feature)
• bookmark lists, bullets, and search results
• apply color labels
• upload files (Pro feature)
• make numbered lists
- You can now choose Saturday as an option as first day of a week.
- Added a notice when trying to right click to rename a global tag.
- Fixed checked items are not shown in Flat Search results with “is:completed” search operator.
Ratings and Reviews
Best outliner app but could be more iOS friendly
Dynalist is the best outliner app on the desktop and this is a decent iOS companion. It suffers from not being a native app, having slow sync, and missing some features available on the web app. Still, it is a reliable companion for those who use the web app and it keeps improving.
This One Wins
Is is perfect? No, but it *is* the best app I have tried (and I have tried them all) for organizing your writing. Dynalist in split screen with Ulysses or iA Writer is, without any real competition, the best writing experience on the iPad.
So, five stars. Not because there's nothing to improve, but because it's the best we've got, and if more people use it, maybe the developers will be able to spend time making this feel like an iOS app and a little less like a ported website. (Until then, the one bug which slowed me down at first has an easy fix : if you have it open with split screen and find the cursor getting captured by the OTHER app and not returning to Dynalist, use Command + Tab on your keyboard to switch back to the app.)
Dynalist Devs, thank you so much for making a truly useful app. If future versions felt a little less like a UI kit and a little more like Bear ... that would be wonderful, but take your time. This thing is worth getting right.
Best outliner, tool for thought
I tried all proclivity / note-taking apps but nothing came close to Dynalist. It’s not ideal, it has many problems and areas for improvement. Still, keeping in mind fast and reliable iOS app + fast desktop app + web clippers + iOS share extension + API + great outliner and features (like move item with a shortcut, quick full text search, global quick add shortcut, email to Dynalist, backlinks, etc), it’s my favorite productivity app. For me it works better than Roam Research, Obsidian, Notion, Evernote and other similar apps. Thank you dev team, you are great and please don’t abandon this beautiful product!
Now about features I miss:
- WYSIWYG editor. It’ll make backlinks, images, formatting prettier and will improve speed of working with Dynalist
- Sidebar or multiple windows for desktop app. Loved it in Roam. That really gives a boost to productivity
- Editable mind map view
- Kanban view (WorkFlowy )
- Ability to mirror blocks (WorkFlowy )
- Team collaboration and management. This one would be huge!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Dynalist Inc.
- 23.2 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Dynalist Inc.