*** Your security is our priority ***
- Data security differentiates us from popular to-do list apps
- All note contents are encrypted at rest on our servers
- Notes can be Vault Encrypted with a password that's never sent to our servers
- Your note content is available for download at any time
*** Built on seamless syncing ***
- Along with data security, accurate syncing is at our core
- Designed for heavy users who often switch between the same notes on mobile and desktop
- Our sync is fully compatible with Vault Notes (even though we can't decrypt their content)
***Expression is our cornerstone ***
- Rich Footnotes that hold text, code, images, or all the above is our flagship feature
- Easily insert images into notes, or even into text within notes
- A range of the finest markdown stylings at your disposal
*** Notes and tasks: better together ***
- Text, code, to-do tasks, and images all live inside the same note
- Tasks can be customized to recur at flexible intervals or hidden until later
- Tasks are automatically removed from your to-do list when completed
*** As organized as you are ***
- Connect notes with bi-directional linking
- Note tags allow multi-level taxonomy to organize notes
- Browse these taxonomies like directories
- Recreate OneNote browsing hierarchies seamlessly
*** Flair for sharing ***
- Any note can be instantly shared and edited by multiple parties
- Publish notes (including their Rich Footnotes!) to the web with one tap
- Shared to-do lists can help a team stay on top of shared responsibilities
*** Built for personal productivity ***
- Set up any task to repeat relative to when you last got it done
- Track how much you're getting done over time with our automatic task graph
- Designate tasks as "Urgent" or "Important" to use proven priority techniques
*** More than ample enough for power users ***
- Simplified, clean UI is efficiently functional
- Contextual keyboard toolbar puts the relevant actions at your fingertips
- Quick opener allows opening any recently used note in ~3 taps
- *** No internet? No problem ***
- Continue working offline within new or cached notes
- All work will automatically sync once back online
*** Ample: no more, no less ***
- We won't settle for becoming bloated with non-essential features
- We work across mobile and web.
*** Get started instantly ***
- Use our Evernote Importer to bring your notes from the olden times
*** Account required ***
- An active Amplenote subscription is required to use Amplenote beyond the free trial trial period.
- You may purchase an auto-renewing subscription through an In-App Purchase.
- 1 month and 1 year durations are available for Basic, Pro, and Founder subscription levels.
- Your subscription will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and will automatically renew (at the duration selected) unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
- Current subscriptions may not be cancelled during the active subscription period; however, you can manage your subscription and/or turn off auto-renewal by visiting your iTunes Account Settings after purchase
- Fix task due date not being clearable when editing a task's details on the calendar
- Display editor toolbars inline, above editors, on tablets (and macOS)
- Improve performance of calendar month view
- Fix a crash when placing the cursor in a jot when running on a mac
Ratings and Reviews
Top app for note-taking and to-dos
Amplenote is my go-to app for productivity. It offers all the features of several apps combined. Easy to organize notes, and tasks have visual cues for identifying long-outstanding to-dos (while also providing the ability to set due dates and sync with a calendar). You can even keep tabs on your productivity with a graph of completed tasks. Notes stay sleek and easily digestible with embedded content (links to other notes in the Amplenote account or external sources, images, and “footnotes”). Shared notes sync seamlessly when updated by those you’ve shared with. Definitely my top productivity tool for both professional and personal needs!
non-standard markdown, awkward tasks, and limited calendar
I wanted to give Amplenote a try because I was so impressed with the way the app triages tasks. Basically, tasks are given a numerical rating based on how long they are expected to take, when they are due, and how urgent/important they are. This is a great idea, and hopefully as Amplenote goes along and perfects its troublesome aspects, it can further refine this idea.
The app doesn’t use standard markdown, and doesn’t support split screen on iPadOS. This meant that I was struggling to enter tasks from other apps. Because Amplenote doesn’t provide an in-app list of hotkeys, and because some of the hotkeys it does provide are non-functional, I found the app confusing at times. I think it has quite a few kinks to work out before it can be considered a stable, ready-for-consumer task management tool.
Finally, the calendar only allows for “business” and “household” as calendar segments, and allegedly one can drag tasks to one’s day to schedule around appointments. I was never able to get this feature to work, despite trying in both the web app, iOS, and iPadOS.
My go-to note taking and task management app
I love Amplenote! This is both my go-to note taking app AND task management app.
It's super easy for me to take notes in Amplenote during a meeting, highlighting important points along the way, and setting to-dos as I go. On especially productive days, I love to see my "Completed" graphs soar at the bottom of my notes as I check things off!
The ability to easily include comments and pictures within links is incredibly useful and a combination feature that I have not found anywhere else. And I love being able to tag my notes so I can easily sort down to the different projects I'm working on.
I also love how notes are automatically sync'd between the web app and mobile app. It's very common for me to write drafts of messages on my laptop and copy-paste them into the appropriate app on my iPhone (I actually wrote this review in this exact way, haha).
Again, big fan over here. Highly recommend for people who want an easy-to-use, simple, yet powerful note taking and task management app!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Bonanza.com, Inc.
- 21.8 MB
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Bonanza.com, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Basic Plan - Monthly $7.99
- Pro Plan - Monthly $7.99
- Pro Plan - Monthly $11.99
- Basic Plan - Yearly $69.99
- Pro Plan - Yearly $119.99
- Unlimited Plan - Monthly $11.99
- Founder Plan - Monthly $24.99
- Founder Plan - Yearly $239.99
- Pro Plan - Yearly $69.99
- Unlimited Plan - Yearly $119.99