The e-Edition keeps the East Bay Times at your fingertips, with every article and picture intact - even the funnies. And our iOS Device version delivers all the content with a faster, simpler interface:
* World-class national and global news, plus in-depth local coverage from the East Bay Times newsroom.
* Entertainment with the latest on movies, music, dining and other great stuff to see and do.
* On-the-money Business news, an all-star Sports section and much more.
* Razor-sharp views of every word, photo and image exactly as it appears in print.
* Streamlined navigation for readers on the go: Flip pages, zoom on articles, rotate to landscape mode.
* Tap any article with two fingers to convert to full-screen text.
* Includes archive access to every issue published in the past 30 days.
If you like our app, please remember to leave a five-star rating in iTunes.
- Improved stability and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
A start, but not perfect
I love the newspaper format, so finally getting to read it on my iPad is great. The app is a bit glitchy and sometimes pages are blurry and the text version doesn't download. The formatting in the text version is readable, but not good. It needs to strip out the formatting (such as manual line breaks, etc) it pulls from the store--which I presume were added when formatting it for news print. The app also won't load inline images in text mode. It tries, but it ends up with a blank box.
I hope in the future the app is more than an exact duplicate (recycle) of the printed edition. There's no reason for black and white pages (especially images) in the iPad version. It would be nice got have full color on all pages.
Used to be my favorite, but...
I'm formally from Pittsburg and I used to get the CC Times daily. I've since moved away, now residing in Reno. I found this app a while back and it was just like reading the newspaper of the old days. I've got several news apps but this was my favorite because of newspaper layout. All of a sudden, it is blocking me, asking for an account name and password, which I never had, and it doesn't allow me to create one. Am I supposed be a subscriber to the paper to get access? That doesn't make sense, why would I then need the app? Too bad.
Now it shows the HTML 5 version in the pop up where you pick the edition. Might as well just use the mobile browser and at least get to use the full screen.
- Media News Group
- 31.4 MB
Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2019 MediaNews Group, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.