eDrawings® is the only CAD viewer on iPad, iPad mini, iPhone and iPod Touch that allows you to view native eDrawings files as well as native SolidWorks® parts, assemblies and drawings files. In addition, eDrawings allows convenient viewing of DWG and DXF files.
eDrawings includes Augmented Reality (AR). This allows you to view your 3D models in 1:1 scale into the real world. By simply activating the device’s camera, you can bring your virtual 3D designs in a real context and see them in situ, sitting on your desk or on your conference room table or even in the palm of your hand, through your iPad, Pad mini, iPhone or iPod Touch’s screen. Move around the room and see your design from any perspective.
eDrawings is the email-enabled communication tool that dramatically eases sharing of product design information. You can load and send files via email to collaborate more effectively with everyone involved in product development, including people who are not regular CAD software users to interpret and understand 2D and 3D designs.
Multi-touch gestures let you pan, zoom, and rotate models easily. eDrawings also supports configurations, drawing sheets, and exploded views for eDrawings files published from SolidWorks® and all other supported CAD software.
* Intuitive and easy-to-use user interface
* Visualize your 3D models in real context with Augmented Reality (AR)
* Open 3D (EASM, EPRT, SLDASM, SLDPRT), 2D (EDRW, SLDDRW, DWG, DXF) and associated files from any source: email attachments, cloud storage services (Dropbox™, SkyDrive®, Google Drive, YouSendIt®, and others), web and FTP sites, networks, and iTunes® File Sharing
* Zoom, pan and rotate your 2D or 3D CAD data using multi-touch
* Animate 3D standard views as well as 2D drawing views.
* Browse your assembly components tree, configurations and drawing sheets
* View your designs in full screen and double tap to fit it on screen
* Adapt the scale of your 3D model in AR mode
* Freeze the background in AR mode with viewpoint lock to prolong AR experience without holding up your device.
* Sample files included
For more information, visit:
Support for SolidWorks 2019 File Format
Ratings and Reviews
I got the base app to try the app, no need to purchase the Pro app at higher price. Now the extra features Pro offers would be helpful. To get the extra features you must pay full price for Pro app after already paying money for base app. Would be nice to have an upgrade price/option.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for getting in touch regarding the app. If you have time,
Can you provide some further information, for example, some screenshot or video demonstrating the issue at your end by creating a Service request on below link:
eDrawings Support Team.
Downloaded the app and the sample data that comes with the app works like it should.
When I try to open parts or drawings or assemblies something opens on the app but no data is displayed and I can zoom, rotate and select the views without any data shown.
Contacted customer service and got an email back asking some questions about my device but did not hear anything back after my response a month ago.
I DON’T RECOMMEND THIS APP - IT’S NOT WORKING!
very basic functionality
As a file viewer, it works well. It's just a half-baked product with a lot of potential that hasn't been realized yet. At first I thought there was no cloud storage support, but you CAN select files in Dropbox and choose to open them in eDrawings so that's OK. Once the files are copied from email into eDrawings though, they're dumped into a single screen containing all your files…there does not appear to be any way to create folders to organize the files by project.
As additional functionality is added to make this app more like the desktop version, it'll easily deserve five stars. It has a lot of potential and for now, I'm just thankful to finally be able to have my cad files easily viewable on the iPad like this.
- Dassault Systemes SolidWorks Corporation
- 195.4 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 1999-2019 Dassault Systemes SolidWorks Corporation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.