Onshape is a full mechanical CAD platform designed for professional users and extended teams. Create, edit, collaborate, and comment in real time with others from any computer or mobile device with an internet connection (free sign-up required).
With Onshape’s secure cloud workspace teams can work together from anywhere on any device without the hassles of file management, IT overhead, and license key distribution, helping engineers focus more on doing their best work.
• Design parts together in Part Studios with a full suite of parametric modeling tools
• Create mechanical Assemblies to capture complex motion
Ease of Access:
• Create, edit, and view from any computer or mobile device (internet connection required)
• Begin a project from one device and seamlessly continue from another
• Instantly share your CAD data with your teams and partners. Monitor, change, and revoke permissions at any time
• Work together with other users and view changes in real-time as they are made
• Use Follow mode to see exactly what your teammate sees and add suggestions using Onshape’s built-in commenting tools
• Maintain a single source of truth for your data, no more sending around or checking in and out of files
• Never worry about losing your work, all of your changes are saved automatically
• Explore multiple design ideas in parallel and create professional release and approval processes for your designs
Onshape for iOS also features Apple Pencil support for more intuitive sketching, navigation, and precise selection.
Onshape proudly supports students and educators free of charge and is available free for non-commercial projects in an open-source public work space.
Since Onshape is updated every few weeks with dozens of new features and user-requested enhancements, keep an eye out for update notifications from the Apple App Store.
• New grid layout
• Fixed Activity overview dashboard layout in Landscape mode (iPad)
• Fixed an issue with missing Contact support option after closing gesture document
• Fixed multiple Italian translations
• Various bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
I love this App
I’m not one for writing reviews......but I have a few things to say.
First off, watch the tutorials. Maybe learn how to use the app before you rate it? You can design pretty much everything in the iPad app without ever opening the web browser version. I exclusively use the iPad version. I use Solidworks, and Fusion 360, and this app. I’ve also used Alibre, IronCAD and SketchUp. I’m certainly not an expert, but this app is simple and powerful. I like this app because I don’t have to drag around a laptop, just my iPad. I can design whatever I want wherever I want, and export it to Fusion or Solidworks and keep going with the CAM side of things. Use the free version first, draw stuff you don’t care if other people see, then decide. You can draw pretty quick once you get it down. I would like to see key board shortcuts in the iPad app—would save some tapping with the Apple Pencil.
As if Solidworks had a mobile version.
As a student in high-school planning to become a CAD drafting engineer, I try to practice as much as possible, along with having a little fun and being creative. Anyway, after learning the basics of CAD programs like solidworks and fusion360, I wanted to try something on mobile. This app works a lot similar to solidworks, to the point where I could almost instantaneously start working. I just had to find where everything I needed was.
If there was a version of this that was free for non-commercial use that kept my ideas off the web, I would absolutely give it a 5 star. I’m glad I found this app. Keep up the good work!
Clearing up some misconceptions…
My rating is provisional. I haven’t even begun to learn the program yet. However, browsing some of the reviews posted here tells me it’s time to clear up some misconceptions:
1. This isn’t supported in mobile browsers because there’s an app for it. Install the app!
2. You don’t need a company email address. I signed on with my Gmail address to explore Onshape. Input “None” in fields like “Title”. You’ll get a free account.
3. Use the free account as intended—to learn the program and see if it meets your needs! Pick up simple objects and measure and model them. So what if that work goes into the public domain? If you’re out to make money, man up and buy a professional tool, or use something less capable (or not under constant development). The world isn’t all about free lunches.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Onshape Inc.
- 28.9 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2016 Onshape Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.