Edu Graphing Calculator is written for students, teachers, and lifelong learners.
-- All screens have portrait and landscape
-- Polynomial solver up to 10th degree
-- Wide range of settings for font sizes and graph line widths
-- Additional matrix/systems of equations material in reference, with more coming
-- Copy/Paste works in many places
-- Updates to this version will be more frequent, going forward
-- Please report bugs to the email address inside the app
1) Scientific Calculator. Simple to grasp and easy to use, but powerful features are available when you need them. Available functions include the following:
• the usual arithmetic functions and exponentiation.
• square root, cube root, nth root, natural log, log base 10, log of arbitrary base, absolute value, factorial, permutations (nPr), combinations (nCr), modulus, random integer, bell curve, cumulative normal distribution, decimal to fraction.
2) Graphing. Capabilities:
• Graph up to four equations at once.
• Graphs are labeled.
• You can drag the graph or pinch to zoom in or out.
• Calculator can find roots and intersections.
• Graph in polar coordinates.
• Graph parametric equations
• Can graph implicit functions, such as x^2+y^2-4=0. Most calculator apps can't do this!
3) A unit converter. With a tap, you can enter the result of your conversion into the calculator. Currently converts different units of the following: acceleration, angle, area, density, distance, energy, force, mass, power, pressure, speed, temperature, time, and volume. Great for doing physics homework!
4) Constants for scientific calculations -- speed of light, strength of gravity at Earth's surface, etc. etc. etc. Tapping on a constant will insert it into your calculation -- i.e, you don't have to key in the value. Again, great for doing physics homework!
5) It can make a table of the values of any function you care to enter. You can choose the starting x value of the table, as well as how much x increases for each successive row.
6) Help screens linked directly to many of the available functions and constants. Tap the disclosure arrow to see the definition.
7) Forgot the quadratic formula? Or the double-angle formulas for sine and cosine? The math/science reference hits the high points of various subjects. Currently includes algebra, differential and integral calculus, geometry, trigonometry, vectors, vector calculus, and classical mechanics.
8) Keep track of significant figures [AKA sig figs]
9) Statistics -- enter data and make a histogram, box and whisker plot, or scatter plot with optional regression line.
10) System of equations solver
If you are viewing this in iTunes, you will see five iPhone screenshots and five iPad screenshots. But even ten shots don't come close to showing everything this calculator can do.
I'd love to hear your comments or suggestions. You can write me at the email address on the App's settings tab. Thanks!
Url launch scheme (see help)
Ratings and Reviews
I teach high school math. We switched to this calculator from the TI series previously used. It can do most of what the TI-84 can do and better. The only down side is we can’t let students use this on an ACT test. The bad reviews must be from people who don’t know how to use it. I have never had a problem with it. Over 200 students have used it over the past 4 years without a single wrong answer or other issue.
This is a great tool. I discovered that the trig functions in the calculator may be wrong. I used the triangle solver and then tried to determine lengths of sides using the sine and cosine functions on the calculator. The sine and cosine values did not match what I expected. I used a different calculator for sine and got the expected value. Maybe the calculator doesn't work quite right.
Finally a graphing calculator app made with common sense!
great app! Includes all the basic features you’d want from a graphing calculator for Algebra 2, such as making a table and finding maxima and minima
THANK YOU for being the person to finally make a decent graphing calculator!!!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.