Charge in as little as 30 minutes on the nation’s largest public DC fast charging network. The Electrify America app lets you find a charging station nearby, charge your EV, and manage your charging session. (Level 2 chargers also available at some locations).
When you sign up for a free Electrify America Pass membership, you can use this app to:
• Check the availability of a charger in real-time and get notified when a charger becomes available
• See charger details and save your favorite charging stations
• Start and stop your charging session from your phone
• Track your charging status easily while you shop or dine nearby
• Get notified when your compatible EV reaches your desired state of charge
• Pay contact-free from your phone
• See your charge history and email a receipt
Visit a charging station often? Consider our Pass+ plan, which gives you all the benefits above, plus reduced costs for charging. ($4 monthly fee applies.)
Electrify America’s powerful DC fast charging stations support all CCS (SAE Combo) and CHAdeMO-compatible EVs. You can also use the app to find Electrify America’s Level 2 chargers (with J1772 connectors).
That means you can charge just about any electric vehicle on the road with us, including:
• Audi e-tron
• Volkswagen ID.4
• Volkswagen e-Golf
• Harley-Davidson LiveWire
• Hyundai Kona Electric
• BMW i3
• Mini Cooper SE Electric
• Nissan Leaf
• Nissan Leaf Plus
• Chevrolet Volt
• Chevrolet Bolt EV
• Kia Niro EV
• Kia Soul EV
• Porsche Taycan
• Tesla Model 3 (requires separate adapter)
• Tesla Model S (requires separate adapter)
• Tesla Model X (requires separate adapter)
• Tesla Model Y (requires separate adapter)
We'll be making frequent updates to our app to improve your charging experience!
This update includes bug fixes and performance improvements.
Thanks for charging with Electrify America!
Ratings and Reviews
A little good, some bad.
Charge status new info screen is great...
- would be great to see the whole charge curve a la chargepoint’s app.
- would be great if there was an iOS widget or a Siri shortcut to check the status etc, but even more priority, would be cool if a CarPlay app let you see the charge in real time, stop etc, this way if you hit stop while you’re in car by the time you get to the port it would be unlocked (EE stations take a little longer to release from the charge point than some other fast chargers, a nitpick)
The latest update solved the issue with email addresses with a . In them, so thumbs up. Love that you can now see your current charge sessions info. The bad - There are several places in the Ui where it’s clearly not been tested on specific devices for all screens, with strange font sizes etc. the bad I showed up after having set up the new app and new nfc cards from it (was blindsided by the old one not working making me update etc), but it threw up a couldn’t find your account error. Then I went to start from the app and said there was a payment error.(nothing changed) A couple more tries and I got it working , but the software needs some quality control. In other news EE seem to be working a bit more reliably than last year, keep up the improvements!
Developer Response ,
Hi Foolio, thank you for the feedback (and encouragement)! Our team is hard at work improving our app experience, and appreciate you sharing your suggestions. -BK
Easy and fast
Had trouble charging and with the app the first few times but after some good advice from support I realized some tricks and haven’t had an issue since. If I plugged in first (which is what the kiosks tell you to do)the app would show that the station was unavailable that I was plugged into and I couldn’t charge unless went back and forth with imitating charging and u plugged etc. I kept getting errors and charging would stop. Support asked me to try intimating on the app first, then plug in and for me it’s the only way charging works for me. Now charging is a breeze and I have not had an issue since. I can get to 80% in about 20 minutes now.
Never work on the first try.
I’ve had my Mustang Mach E for 6 months now and in all that time not once have I been able to just pull up to an Electrify America charger and plug it in and it work properly. Every time at every location I’ve ever been to I’ve had to take it out and plug it back several times. Sometimes as many as 10 times or more. What makes all of this worse is I have to wait for the app to realize that the charge has failed before I can even try again. The app will keep saying “initiating charge” long after I’ve had to unplug because it failed to start charging. This sometimes takes 2 minutes. Having to sit at a charger is already a hassle but to have to wait in between tries just to get the thing to START charging is absolutely ridiculous. EVgo never gives me any problems. I just plug up swipe to pay and it starts charging right away every single time. Electrify America needs to fix its issues ASAP. Once I close the app, I shouldn’t have to see “initiating charge” still on the screen for an additional 2 minutes. I honestly shouldn’t even have to plug it in more than once!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Electrify America, LLC
- 89 MB
- Requires iOS 13.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.2 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Electrify America
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.