Participants in retirement plans serviced by Empower Retirement, use this app to view account details, execute transactions, and manage your retirement plan.
Use your device to:
• Register, enroll, and log into your retirement plan.
• Model different saving scenarios and see their potential impact on achieving your retirement income goal.
• View account balances, rate of return, transaction history, statements, and plan investment lineup detail.
• Modify contribution rates, allocations, and beneficiaries.
• Request new loans, and see active loan details.
• Request new withdrawals, and see withdrawal history.
• Download plan forms, and upload documents.
• Keep your personal profile up-to-date, including communications preference, username, and password.
Use your Apple Watch to:
• View your estimated retirement income projection and progress toward your retirement income goal.
• View your account summary with balances and investment information.
• See a count-down to your projected retirement date.
The images provided are for illustrative purposes only.
Securities offered through GWFS Equities, Inc., Member FINRA/SIPC, and/or other broker-dealers. Retirement products and services provided by Great-West Life & Annuity Insurance Company, Corporate Headquarters: Greenwood Village, CO; Great-West Life & Annuity Insurance Company of New York, Home Office: New York, NY, and their subsidiaries and affiliates, including GWFS and registered investment advisers Advised Assets Group, LLC and Great-West Capital Management, LLC.
The content contained on this app has been prepared for informational and educational purposes only and is not intended to provide investment, legal or tax advice.
Unless otherwise noted, investments are not deposits, insured by the FDIC or any federal government agency, or bank guaranteed and may lose value.
This update includes:
• View transaction history details for contributions, transfers, dividends, and fees.
• Request new loans, and view active loan details.
• View plan investment lineup details.
• Manage contributions and view account detail for Empower Health Savings Accounts.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app so far
My company had a representative come in and talk about 401k. He mentioned the app they have I wanted to increase my contribution so I downloaded the app. Less than 10 minutes later I had it set up, knew how much was in there, made changes to my contribution and got a few others to download the app during the presentation. Everything I can do with my 401k is right here
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for your feedback! We appreciate it!
Needs a overhaul pros vs cons
I put this app on my phone to help manage my fiancé’s retirement plan here are the pros and cons I’ve found it is very simple and easily navigated and pretty straightforward Easily make changes change your investments increase or decrease contribution amounts only would recommend it To you anyone with an account way easier Then trying to manage your account from their website which need serious work and being more user-friendly go with the app. Con However not being Able to see who your money is invested with is a major drawback if you press the managed account button it tells you you don’t have authorization but it is your money so who is this authorized person managing the account. con two it doesn’t show you the money that you contribute versus the money your employer contributes. Con three it is incredibly slow to update my fiancé’s has been showing the same amount for a month and finally went up one dollar today when she got paid I would say both their app and their website need a major overhaul.
Unuseable, Utterly Worthless
Upon logging in, I am unable to bypass the enrollment screen, even though I have already enrolled to the level I want(1% not the 5% THEY want). Considering that I have already enrolled, I am flabbergasted that I can't do anything with this app except enroll... hence, it's worthless.
I am enraged that this company constantly pesters me to modify MY enrollment option, and view this as them wanting to increase their fee (tied to a % of assets under management), which completely eradicates any measure of trust that should be present between a client and financial advisor.
Moreover, I feel that they make it too easy to accidentally enroll in a larger contribution, and thus find using their tools risky--not that I can even use it in this app!(I speak from experience using their website).
FYI, in the event that this company actually listens to customers, the reason that I haven't enrolled in the 5% is that I want to understand (incrementally) the impact on my takehome pay. Thus, showing your customers the math on this would be an excellent start toward fixing this mess of a tool. I have low expectations of an improvement, however, because I expect a big company like this to be a useless dinosaur that only gets business by appealing to low cost targets of companies offering retirement/401k plans. Hence, the real problem is that I'm not your customer, my company is and I'm just an afterthought--much like this app seems to be!
Developer Response ,
We have made several updates since you have left this comment, please check out the app for the most recent updates.
- GREAT-WEST LIFE & ANNUITY INSURANCE COMPANY
- 91.3 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Great-West Life & Annuity Insurance Company
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.