A fully functioning, simple to use and intuitive Bluetooth powered remote control for your Enclave CineHome II and your THX Certified CineHome PRO home theater system.
- Download and set up your Enclave home theater in minutes
- Switch between connected inputs
- Adjust speaker distance and individual speaker volume trim
- Test and calibrate each individual speaker simply by touching it's graphical representation in the app
- Use Whole Room Stereo, a room filling stereo audio mode allowing for movie dialogue, or enhanced music listening through all your system speakers.
- Adjust Dolby Pro Logic II settings, Dolby Dynamic Range settings
- Perform wireless resets
* Not compatible with the Enclave Audio CineHome HD system
Multi-Subwoofer Test Tone improvement
Ratings and Reviews
Why such a poor control for such a good system?
There are several problems with Enclave’s remote control. I bought the Enclave CineHome II in August 2020 and downloaded the remote on my IPhone. So I’ve been using it about a month now.
Problems: 1. The remote takes a while to locate my Enclave and will lose the signal while I’m watching a show so I often have to wait for it to re-locate it just to adjust the volume. 2. The remote will often freeze up ad my only option is to delete it and then reinstall it on my phone. It takes about 10 minutes every time - huge pain. 3. We can only download the app on my phone. Only one download per household/system??? Why? The system will not connect to a second phone so my wife always has to borrow my phone just to watch her shows. We both hate that. 4. Because of all these problems, we bought Enclave’s remote control device - and it is terrible. Virtually worthless, worse than the remote control app, which I didn’t think was possible.
Enclave- you made a great sound system but the poor control app and device has greatly undercut its value. I wouldn’t recommend the system to a friend because of it! Put a good remote in the box with the system, and improve the app, and you will go from a grade D to grade A.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your feedback. As we've seen no support requests for your issues, we thought we'd jump an and offer some assistance to clarify some misunderstandings about the operation of your Enclave in the spirit of improving your experience.
1. The duration it takes to find your CineHub can vary. Anything from hub distance to device or general hub location (i.e. is it closed in a cabinet, mounted to the back of the TV, etc), to environmental conditions (is the hub sitting next to or near a wifi router, etc. as bluetooth is susceptible to inteference by nature).
2. An app "freezing up" would not require a delete and install, you would simply close and re-open the app. In reviewing the crash logs Apple provides, we see little to no activity in this regard.
3. Enclave has no way technologically possible in which to restrict the app from downloading onto a specific device. The only restrictions we can place is by country, and that would not be your issue here. Thus, we cannot offer any assistance unfortunately as to why your wife cannot download the app to her iOS device as that is simply not something we have any control over at all and would be a local issue unrelated to the app or Enclave. Also, while multiple devices can pair to a bluetooth devices (CineHub), no bluetooth device supports multiple simultaneous connections in a single bluetooth module. For example, you cannot connect two phones to a bluetooth speaker and have them play music at the same time. With the Enclave, you cannot have two bluetooth devices connected at the same time for music OR remote control. Bluetooth simply doesnt allow it. Once you are able to resolve the issue of downloading the app to your wifes device, if she wished to control the Enclave, you would simply disconnect your app from it allowing her to connect.
4. The Enclave manufactured remote is infrared based. On the front of the CineHub is the IR window that must be visible to the remote and line of sight must exist in order for the hub to receive the commands from the remote. Again, if you have the hub inside a cabinet, behind the tv,etc. or the IR window on the front of the CineHub is blocked in any way, your remote performance will be poor and we'd recommend insuring the hub and the remote have line of sight. If that isnt the case, reaching out to our support team is the best path as they can offer a quick resolve the issue.
Most importantly, if you have installed your CineHub using ARC (which is recommended and how the majority of Enclave customers install if they have a TV manufactured within the last 6-8 years) you would simply use your TV remote for the daily commands such as volume up down, power on / off, and mute.
Lastly, within the app, you can send a support ticket but using the in-app bottom tray button labeled "support ticket". Also, the FAQ button will take you to a page that addresses the above issues and many others that help with the operation, use, and possible issues that customers can come across.
Hope this was helpful and of course, we recommend making use of the support resources as they can be of assistance in resolving these issues for you.
Cinehone HD series
How are we supposed to update and control our system if the app you offer is not compatible with CINEHOME HD? Dont you have an other way to update this?
Developer Response ,
We recommend going to the CineHome HD support portal, checking the knowledge base and downloading the appropriate update software to update firmware. You can also reach out to support who can assist with showing you where to find it. However, the Enclave's currently purchased from authorized dealers have the latest firmware version. Lastly, the CineHome HD was manufactured in 2015. With that, the bluetooth technology onboard pre-dates that and uses protocols used to remote control the system that Google allows, but Apple does not.
Very little functionality
Buggy, doesn’t allow me to set individual speaker volumes. Furthermore, no capabilities to adjust treble or bass. Very basic.
Developer Response ,
The CineHub app allows for volume trim adjustment as a core function of the app and only in 5.1 mode. If you are attempting to use individual trim in Whole Room Stereo mode (with the exception of the subwoofer, which is enabled), you will find that is disabled for the full range satellite speakers as stereo is equal energy from the left and right channels. As such, individual trim will be inapplicable. We recommend reaching out to support as your experience is not consistent with the standard customer if you cannot adjust your trim in 5.1 mode.
The Enclave does not support tone controls, this is by design and not an app related issue.
Hope this clears it up!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Enclave Audio Technologies, LLC
- 4 MB
- Requires iOS 12.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.2 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Enclave Audio Technologies, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.