Start speaking with your first Encore!!! lesson. Easily make customized text and audio playlists using the app's vast library, plus add you own content for targeted learning. Adjust the repetitions, the pauses and the speed for each playlist item.
Unlike any other language learning app, Encore!!! gives the freedom to decide what to hear, how many times and how much pause is needed between entries.
Playlists can be used offline for on-the-go learning without having to constantly interact with the mobile device screen.
3 top features:
1. Learn through repetition with easy-to-use pre-made lesson plans and/or customizable playlists using the app’s extensive library.
2. Inject more fun into your language adventure through the unique Encore!!! My Entries feature which allows you to copy and paste text relevant to what you are learning and to add audio recordings to match your text entries on your personalized playlists.
3. Evaluate yourself for accuracy and speed through the Test tool.
The anywhere-anytime customized immersive Encore!!! experience addresses these main challenges of learning a language:
* Understanding grammar: easily and naturally grasp language patterns like sentence structure and verb tenses by practicing with organized playlists.
* Memorizing: reinforce words and phrases by repeatedly hearing and saying them aloud.
* Retaining: use the time-based self-evaluation Test mode to aid retention and speed of recall.
* Finding time: Once a playlist is made, listen and repeat while engaging in other activities, like cooking, cleaning, exercising, commuting—activities that don’t require undivided attention.
What’s in the Encore!!! Library?
The Encore!!! library has over 12,000 entries using 3,000 unique words from which to make individualized playlists.
If you learn the vocabulary and sentences from the Encore!!! Library, you can reach intermediate fluency.
The content is identical in each of the 12 languages and is arranged in categories. Practice verb conjugations, greetings, common topics of conversation and grammar points.
For a quick-start, use the pre-made lesson plans.
The default library playlists are based on the L1-L2 method.
An English speaker, for example, will hear the content in English (L1) once, then will select the number of times the L2 content will play. The ‘switch’ feature allows you to change the order in which you hear each language.
With ‘My Entries’ you can add material from many sources to further individualize the learning experience. ‘My Entries’ allows you to use both languages, or focus on one language.
The ‘My Entries’ feature unique to Encore!!! is a powerful tool for learning, repeating, and memorizing!
The best practices of language learning are incorporated into the Encore!!! app.
Encore!!! team members personally participated in intensive language learning programs worldwide, consulted with Language teachers and students at each school.
The Encore!!! software team developed the unique TARPP method (Text and Audio Repetitions through Playlist Practice).
TARPP creates a new type of language learning experience that simulates an infinitely patient tutor—someone who speaks repeatedly then listens patiently as you repeat aloud as many times as you need, absorbing your new language.
Encore!!! gives text and audio content of 5 free playlists to use with full capabilities, such as repeat, pause and test. The five free lesson plans include
* greetings and useful phrases,
* verb conjugations,
* sentences with related vocabulary, and
* a conversation spoken by native speakers.
Additional functions include the ability to change the speed at which the audio is played, skip ahead, repeat the current entry, restart to the beginning of the playlist, play-pause and test yourself.
All content, all functions, one-time purchase, no subscription for any language paired with English.
Fixed audio output involved in playing through speaker.
Ratings and Reviews
Offers features that others don't have and doesn't force into subscriptions
Don't ask for passwords
It's the first time that an app wants to force me to sign into my apple account before it even lets me look at it.
It makes it difficult to even just close the app without giving your apple id password.
Says it's to check if I already have an account with the app. No other app does it this way. Nah. Give users an idea what you're about, before wanting sign ins or access.
If you're looking for a language app, Duolingo has improved a lot, and there are others now too. Don't give too much access to apps. Especially if they don't even let you try first.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Gurmentor, Inc.
- 80 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Gurmentor, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Spanish (starting level) $0.00
- Spanish (full content) $2.99
- Japanese (starting level) $0.00
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.