Easily turn your phone into a high definition Mac or PC webcam.
Perfect for business, online teaching, live streaming and more, EpocCam works seamlessly with popular video conferencing and broadcast software. Connect via USB or stream camera footage to your PC over Wi-Fi, and move freely while broadcasting anywhere in your local network.
Shoot in portrait or landscape mode with background blur or enhanced chroma key. Use gestures to control Snapchat Lenses with AR effects, animations, objects and characters. Easily add a secondary camera angle to your existing setup. With EpocCam drivers installed on your computer, your phone automatically appears as a webcam in apps like OBS Studio, Zoom and Microsoft Teams (Windows PC only).
Employ EpocCam to leverage the superior processing power of your phone, and look just as polished online as you do in person.
- Webcam App: convert your phone into a high definition computer webcam.
- Professional Quality: conference call and live stream in 1080p, HDR, and more.
- Software Friendly: OBS Studio, Zoom, Microsoft Teams (Windows PC only) and more.
- Modes: portrait and landscape.
- Snapchat Lenses: faces, objects, effects, background blur, chroma key, and lots more.
- Perfect for Remote Work: business, online teaching, content creation, etc.
- Easy Multicam Solution: add another camera angle to your setup.
- Wireless Freedom: connect via Wi-Fi for unrestricted movement.
- One-Time Setup: phone automatically appears as a webcam in computer software.
- Compatibility: works with Mac and Windows PC.
Turn your phone into a webcam in minutes:
1. Get the EpocCam app
2. Download and install the computer drivers
3. Connect phone to PC via Wi-Fi or USB
4. Set EpocCam as the webcam on your computer
- EpocCam App: iOS 13.0 or later
- EpocCam Drivers: macOS 10.14 or later / Windows 10 or later
- Wi-Fi network or USB cable
Learn more: https://elgato.com/epoccam
What's new in EpocCam 2022.2?
- EpocCam is now integrated with Elgato Camera Hub, so you can adjust settings from the comfort of your computer. Fine-tune brightness, tweak contrast, toggle AR lenses, and more. With powerful controls and a live webcam preview on your desktop screen, it's easier than ever to look your best in video calls.
Camera Hub is available for download from elgato.com
- Added support for smooth 60 fps video output up to 1080p (Windows only at this time).
Ratings and Reviews
with the considerable increase in webcam price over this past year, this app has been my webcam for necessary online meetings, and it’s worked great. through my iphone 8, it provides a clear image with relatively low latency, an image, mind you, that is miles better than that $100 Logitech C920 that has been the webcam standard. i have never experimented with grabbing audio from my phone too; but i have never had issues with audio from airpods syncing up.
some of the new, experimental additions such as an automatic green screen filter or background blur are certainly there, but very rough. i’d recommend if you want to alter your background, leave it to Zoom, their greenscreen masking tech is a lot more refined, and can be used on the video feed coming from Epocam anyways!
though and though, this is a great app, and one ai would recommend to anyone in need of a webcam, or a better webcam than your integrated laptop one.
App works with PC....Mac Users Beware!!!!
If you are not tech savvy, do not try this app. I gave the app 5 stars only because it works great with PC. IT DOES NOT WORK WITH MACS!!! I tried the free version on my work PC with the USB cable and it worked great. Used it with Zoom and Microsoft’s teams. So I bought the paid version to get the better quality. Once again, worked great on the PC. Got home and downloaded the OS driver to my MacBook, pull up zoom for a meeting, and nothing. Went to the website and found out that it currently doesn’t work with Mojave and they are currently working on a solution. It would be nice if they would put that in the description of the app. I’ve wasted $8 on this. I have parallels on my computer so I’m going to put zoom into Windows and download the windows drivers and see if it works. I’ll update after.
I downloaded everything to Windows on parallels and used it for a zoom meeting today. It worked fine for the most part. For some reason the app timed out on the phone a couple of times which was not good. But it did work. I have another zoom meeting tomorrow so I’m going to make some more adjustments to see if I can clean up the process a bit. Just to repeat myself, if you are not tech savvy, I don’t recommend this app. There are too many moving parts to the process.
Using for twitch streaming
I started with the free version of this app. The free version works just as well as the paid version. I have not noticed any difference between the camera quality or the Wi-Fi quality between the two apps. However, my biggest complaint with the free version is that every so often a full screen ad will pop up on my phone that I have to click an X button to remove. This is frustrating to have to do on stream as my viewers see my finger clearly click the screen, even though the ad does not disrupt the video. With the paid version, there are no ads so it is not an issue. Additionally for anyone looking to use the front facing camera, you need to write a review for the app first. However, you can get around this by clicking write a review in the app and then simply hitting cancel on the review and it will still allow you to use the front facing camera. If you’re not worried about the ads inside the app, I would recommend the free version but if you are using this for any sort of streaming service I would get the paid one.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Corsair Memory, Inc.
- 62.4 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- © 2021-22 Corsair Memory, Inc.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.