The Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) offers a free application for Texans in the ERCOT region to monitor Real-Time grid conditions and learn ways to save energy.
• Current electric demand and operating reserves
• Real-Time wholesale power prices
• Conservation tips
• News releases and other important notifications
• ERCOT overview
Bug fixes and enhancements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good Info, needs a few tweaks
Clean and concise info, easy to understand system conditions, decent ( if somewhat generic) conservation advice.
1. Change the color or linetype of the forecast peak - the solid bright blue line almost completely obscures the pale green color of the current system load line, making it very hard to tell at a glance what current load is. +1star if done.
2. Offer historic views beyond 1day, perhaps the past 30 days history and forecast conditions for the next 30 days; as another reviewer said, information is good and keeps the consumer aware of what to expect. +1/2 star if done.
3. Give at least two "push notification" options, with one of those options being a "critical" alert as opposed to warning or informational alerts. If the grid is in danger of (or going into) rolling blackout conditions, that's critical. If you just want to tell folks to "conserve because continued high heat will make conditions tight", like I got 5 minutes after installing the app, that's more warning - and little I can do about it beyond measures already taken with automated thermostats and such. +1/2 star if done.
Chart with no numbers on vertical axis
How can you’ve a chart on your home page with no numbers on vertical axis? Such a poor design.
It would be great to see more info such as comparison with last week or last year so that one can see the trend ..
Need more info
Need to have axis labels on the chart. Be nice if you could see real time what is producing the power broken down by nuclear, natural gas, coal, wind, solar. And see the tends of the historical data. As it the app stands right now it’s functional but nothing special.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.