ETA SPOT 17+
ETA Transit Systems Inc
With up-to-the-minute arrival prediction, route planning, and system alerts, SPOT® from ETA Transit Systems is a must-have mobile app riders of select transit agencies. Simple to use and incredibly accurate, SPOT allows riders to select and compare multiple routes, view all current and upcoming arrival times, and receive communications regarding system outages, delays, and other critical information on any internet-enabled iOS smartphone or tablet.
- Added wheel chair and bike slot status.
- Fix bug where route line was not being drawn on map.
Ratings and Reviews
Not what it needs to be
It does what it needs to do, but terribly. It’s extremely glitchy and will sometimes not show buses on their routes at all while they’re running, making it impossible to know where they are if it happens. The interface is super cluttered and finding schedules for stops is agonizing and unreliable. You’re better finding a schedule posted in town and taking a picture of it, but that’s not to say this app isn’t better than nothing.
Terrible on every level
My university switched to this godforsaken app from a decent one (not a good one, they can’t pick a good one to save their lives) but this app is so much worse on every level. Here’s how:
- it will not remember your preferred routes. Each time you open the app it defaults to the first ONE on the top of the list. Useless favorites feature
- the UI is the most confusing and awful thing to work with. Buttons are small or not even real buttons at all, if they are they don’t actually do anything.
- favorites cannot be accessed easily, even if you favorite a stop you cannot favorite a route so you have to scroll through 20+ routes each time to find the ones relevant to you and if you’re at a location in which you’re not sure as to which routes stop nearby, you have to turn on ALL of them to find one. The local stops are not shown with associated routes.
- the app itself is laggy and has crashed on me (new iPhone 12+)
- the time shown for the arrivals are comedic at best, completely worthless at their worst.
- (not sure if this is a fault of the university or the app) all 3 of my campuses bus hubs are shown with one stop despite the three stops housing routes that go in OPPOSITE directions so when tapping on the one stop provided you see EVERY route AND every secondary and sometimes tertiary bus on that route. Impossible to find a bus back home sometimes.
Not a finished app...
My university recently switched to ETA Spot as the app used to track its busses, and all just say, ETA Spot does not feel finished. Poorly optimized, confusing, glitchy, and just overall it feels like a demo app. It's functional (sometimes) but nowhere near the same level as other bus tracking apps.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- ETA PHI SYSTEMS, INC.
- 17.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2015 ETA Transit Systems