The official mobile ticketing app from Caltrain! The Caltrain Mobile app lets you purchase and use fares instantly on your phone—anywhere, anytime. Just download the free app, register your debit/credit card or PayPal account in our secure system, and you're ready to go.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS APP:
- No paper fares to keep track of.
- No need to carry cash, count exact change, or find a ticket machine.
- Buy and use fares instantly using a debit/credit card or your PayPal account.
- Pay a single fare or multiple fares for a group of riders.
HOW IT WORKS:
1. CHOOSE RIDER TYPE
2. CHOOSE YOUR STATION OF ORIGIN AND DESTINATION
2. CHOOSE FARE
3. CHOOSE QUANTITY
4. CHOOSE PAYMENT
5. CHECK OUT
Q: Do I need to be connected to the Internet?
A: Cellular network or a wireless Internet connection is required to purchase tickets, but you can use your activated tickets offline.
Q: What if my battery dies?
A: Just like with paper tickets, you're responsible for making sure you have a valid fare at all times, so be sure to plan ahead!
- Don't uninstall the Caltrain Mobile app or erase your phone while you have active tickets on it. Your tickets are stored on your phone (which makes it possible to use them without a cellular network or a wireless Internet connection), so uninstalling the app can permanently erase your tickets!
- Purchase your ticket right before boarding.
- Show your ticket to the conductor upon request.
- Watch your battery level! Just like with paper tickets, you're responsible for making sure you have a valid fare at all times.
Performance improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
When it works it’s great but 50% of time it won’t open
The user experience is great when it works. But 5 out of 10 times it won’t pass the opening animation. I have tried killing all other apps, rebooting the phone and reinstalling when this happened and it took a good amount of time to get it to work again. Imagine you have to do this when the conductor is checking ticket. Embarrassing and frustrating. Unfortunately my commuter credit card doesn’t work on Caltrain vending machine but works in this app so I am stuck with this app.
Good when it works
Update: since my last review, the app started working most of the time and it’s a big help when it works. But recently I can no longer get the real time update for the mountain view station. Wonder why.
Just downloaded the app yesterday and it worked when I tested at home. But I wasn’t able to use at the station. Kept on getting error messages of not being able to reach server and it asked to check internet connection. It looks like the app doesn’t work with cellular data. Not sure why. Such a frustrating experience. Almost late for the train yesterday. I was able to replicate the error at home by turning off wifi. All other apps works with cellular data and I checked setting to make sure this app is set to work with cellular data. Not sure what to do now. Please help.
One of the better public transport apps
The app is great for buying tickets online so you don’t have to deal w the hassle of the ticket booth at a station! It takes 30 seconds while you’re standing and waiting for the train. It also conveniently links the timetable and other tools. And parking is super easy to do on the app! The only thing is that I wish the live updates were better. But otherwise definitely worth downloading even if you only ride the Caltrain once.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 32.9 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- Copyright© 2018 Caltrain
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.