Connect with friends, family and people who share the same interests as you. Communicate privately, watch your favorite content, buy and sell items or just spend time with your community. On Facebook, keeping up with the people who matter most is easy. Discover, enjoy and do more together.
Stay up to date with your loved ones:
• Share what's on your mind, announce major life events through posts and celebrate the everyday moments with Stories.
• Express yourself through your profile and posts, watch, react, interact and stay in touch with your friends, throughout
Connect with people who share your interests with Groups:
• With tens of millions of groups, you'll find something for all your interests and discover more groups relevant to you.
• Use the Groups tab as a hub to quickly access all your groups content. Find relevant groups based on your interests with the new discovery tool and recommendations.
Become more involved with your community:
• Discover events happening near you, businesses to support, local groups and activities to be part of.
• Check out local recommendations from your friends, then coordinate with them and make plans to get together.
• Raise funds for a cause that’s important to you, mentor someone who wants help achieving their goals and, in the event of a local crisis, connect with other people to find or give supplies, food or shelter.
Enjoy entertainment together with Watch:
• Discover all kinds of content from original shows to creators to trending videos in topics like beauty, sports, and entertainment.
• Join conversations, share with others, interact with viewers and creators and watch together like never before.
Buy and sell with Marketplace:
• Whether it's an everyday or one-of-a-kind item, you can discover everything from household items to your next car or apartment on Marketplace.
• List your own item for sale and conveniently communicate with buyers and sellers through Messenger
Read our Data Use Policy, Terms and other important info in the legal section of our App Store description.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Facebook doesn't run GPS in the background unless you give us permission by turning on optional features that require this.
We update the app regularly so we can make it better for you. Get the latest version for all of the available Facebook features. This version includes several bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Developers left me Disappointed
With every new update that comes out I hold my breath, just hoping this will be “the one” that will fix the hodgepodge of issues with Facebook. The one that bugs me most is Marketplace. I’ve emailed support multiple times with no response (except the auto-generated “thanks for your feedback” email, of course). Then finally, 2 weeks after what was my 3rd request in 3 months time, they responded by saying they received my report and that they appreciate my patience and while they can’t update everyone who submits a report, they’re using the report to make FB better - TICKET CLOSED... Really? Not only this but recently I also lost the option to view posts by “most recent”. FB Customer Service/Support and developers just don’t care what users want. They don’t respond to problem reporting in a timely fashion and it’s now been over a year that people have been complaining about not having access to Marketplace, not just me. Although mine hasn’t been gone that long, it’s ridiculous that this issue can’t be resolved! Especially when the ability to access it just disappears one day yet buyers can still see it and send you message about it but, as the seller, you can’t make changes to it and you can’t even view it! I’ve lost sales because of this. Disappointing Facebook!!
Updates Ongoing Issues
I’m an IT professional, why aren’t your developers testing new development to ensure they haven’t broken previously working basic functionality before releasing a new update? You are ruining the FB experience for your users. Every time you release an update lately something that has always worked no longer works. If I wasn’t dependent on FB to keep up with my friends and family and my professional photography groups I would have deleted it long ago. Most of these marketed “new and improved updates” are anything but and basically useless to the majority of users. Also they are huge updates making it so FB is taking up most of the available space on my phone and I have an IPhoneX 256 GB, not an old phone. I shouldn’t have to delete photos of my family to make room for FB. Notifications still no longer work. This has been going on and repeatedly reported for months. If you want to update something fix what you broke your users would be much happier. Now when I type a comment and make a mistake it won’t let me go back and correct it. It starts deleting everything I previously typed instead of letting me insert additional text or deleted something I typed incorrectly. I have to erase everything and start all over. Very frustrating.
App keeps backing me out
Ever since the most recent update, there have been multiple occasions where the app will just back me out, taking me straight to my home screen without reason or warning. This usually happens within seconds of entering the app, and never happens just once at a time. Rather, it will happen every single time I try to re-enter the app, often continuing to do so repeatedly, until it finally decides to work normally again. It has proven to be impossible to predict when this problem will occur, and how long it will continue before returning to its proper functioning. At first I thought it was my WiFi and/or network connection, but I now know it can’t be attributed to either one, given that it has now happened on several WiFi networks AS WELL AS while using data. I also have the newest version of iOS, so it can’t be explained by not having updated software, and I have the app set to where I always stay signed in, so I know it has nothing to do with my login, either. I’m sure I can’t be the only one who has been experiencing this, even if I happen to be the only one writing a review about it. Please work on figuring out the cause of this issue and finding a solution, because it has made using the app a complete hassle and annoyance.
- Facebook, Inc.
- 451.7 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Facebook, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 95 Stars $1.99
- 250 Stars $4.99
- 530 Stars $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.