Fermenticus Brew Log is a logbook, calculator, and recipe formulator for homebrewers and small craft brewers alike.
• Optimized for both iPhone & iPad.
• Clean design - You can quickly input your ingredients and measurements, automatically perform important calculations, and concentrate on the brewing instead of the software!
• Suitable for any level of expertise - Brew Log will handle all your extract, steeped grain, partial mash, or all-grain recipes.
• Ingredients database - Add your own ingredients or select from lists of common malts, extracts, adjuncts, hops, and commercially available yeasts.
• Save your recipes - Recipes are stored on your device for quick access at any time. You can also export your recipes via email in a convenient table format that can be pasted into any spreadsheet or printed out for brew day reference.
• Organize your recipes - Sort your recipes with logbooks for organizing and archiving.
• As you add grains or hops Brew Log instantly updates estimated gravity, color, and bitterness. Great for building recipes on the go.
• Mash Rest & Sparge calculations for simple to complex mashes. Calculates volumes and temperatures for your strike water, infusions, and decoctions.
• Built in calculators to determine original and final gravity, alcohol (ABV), bitterness (IBU), color (SRM), efficiency, attenuation, and more.
• Choose a standard beer style or make up your own.
• Designed to be an efficient brewing companion for quick logging during your brew day (“Do more with fewer clicks”).
• US & Metric simultaneously supported. You can combine both US and metric units in your malt bill or hop bill. Recipes can also be converted from US to Metric and vice versa.
• Unique date handling, so you can add dates with information about the date. Useful for logging information during fermentation or bottling!
• Once you make your own measurement Brew Log will let you know your actual brew-house efficiency (for all-grain) and actual yeast attenuation.
• Save your default settings such as typical batch size and if you brew extract/all-grain/steeped. Of course, this information can always be set on a recipe by recipe basis.
••• Important Information Regarding In-App Purchases •••
Brew Log has a limitation on the number of recipes you can store on your device. All users will get 5 empty recipe slots. There is no other limitation on any functions. The free slots are the exact same as paid recipe slots.
Brew Log's In-App Purchases are tied to your iTunes account and are permanent. Your purchases on one device will be shared on all your devices. You can refresh to restore your purchases at any time.
Upgrades of +10, +25, and unlimited slots are available for less than a beer at the pub.
If you reach your maximum recipe limit, you will have to either delete existing recipes (I recommend exporting via Email first!) or purchase an upgrade before adding a new recipe or cloning an existing recipe.
As always, I highly encourage you to email any bugs, suggestions, or comments you may have!
Lastly, if you are enjoying Brew Log, please consider supporting it by leaving a positive review on the App Store. Every rating and review is a big help!
Cheers and Happy Brewing!
Updated with the new BCJP 2015 style guidelines, and now featuring Mosaic hops (along with a bunch of others too!).
Fixed some minor text display issues and funky iPad landscape text entry issues on the stats and notes pages.
Ratings and Reviews
Overall a good app
I haven't used any other app for brewing. This one had good reviews, so it is what I went with. Overall it is a good app and does what I need it to do for what I'm doing. There is one 'issue' I'd like to see addressed... I usually have more than one batch going at any given time and I reference others while working on one (or more). Once you get inside (beyond) the main page, you can't tell which recipe you're looking at. For instance, once in the style, malts, notes... page, you can't see which recipe you're looking at. When bouncing between several recipes it can get confusing and I sometimes put notes in the wrong recipe. If the app would simply highlight the recipe you're looking at in the left column, you could tell for sure which recipe you're working with. Simple fix. Otherwise you have to back out to the 'main' page of the recipe to see, at the top of the page, which recipe you're on. Another 'nice to have' would be if you could import a recipe straight off one or more of the home brew sites (AHA would be nice) since they are all in the same format on a given site. Maybe you can and I just don't know how. Kind of a PITA having to type in all the stuff someone already typed in on their site. RDWHAHB
Simple and Effective
It's easy to log and track recipes and sessions. It really requires very few clicks. I have tried a few other apps and others take much longer to add new recipes. I'll up to 5 stars when they add a timer ;). Download and try with 5 slots for free so nothing to loose to give it a go.
My go to brew calculator
I've tried a few different calculators over the years, but I always end up back at this one. Very clean format, great libraries, easy to use, and customizable enough for the more advanced home brewers. I wish it had a print function though. Come brew day, it gets pretty messy and I do a lot of scribbling with pencil and paper.
- Mark Hambly
- 4 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 17+ for the following:
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2016 Mark Hambly
- In-App Purchases
- 10 Recipe Slots $1.99
- 25 Recipe Slots $3.99
- Unlimited Recipe Slots $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.