Turn your iPhone or iPad into the wireless flash drive for your Mac. Stream video and music from Mac to your iPhone/iPad/Apple TV.
Turn your iPhone or iPad into the wireless flash drive for your Mac. Have full access to your Mac files – use your iOS device to stream videos, view photos and documents, from anywhere within your home.
AT A GLANCE
- Stream any video directly from your Mac;
- View photos or documents stored on your Mac;
- Transfer files between your Mac and your iOS device;
- Store anything on your iOS device and take it with you on the go;
- Mount your iOS device as drive on your Mac or Windows machine using WebDAV;
- Use the Personal Hotspot of your iOS device to control your Mac when you don’t have access to other networks.
- Mac with macOS 10.10 or above and Helper app installed;
- iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with iOS 11 or above;
- Shared wireless network connection between your computer and iOS device.
Ratings are like gold for indie developers like me, please give the app a quick rating on the App Store.
* [FIX] Crash when enabling WebDAV
Ratings and Reviews
God Bless You!
You can’t imagine what this means to me! I do design work but was disabled a few years ago and can no longer sit at a desktop computer without severe pain. Even laptops are a pain because I still have to sit up a bit. Now I can use my iPad Pro to do most or all of the work required, and be able to grab files as needed and store the projects back on my desktop with perfect ease. I can minimise the amount of time sitting up at my desktop workstation.
So THANK YOU SO MUCH for this app!! It set up easily, the price was very affordable, it performs beautifully and you have allowed me to work so much more comfortably.
<3 <3 <3
Users need assurances that the Helper App does not expose their computer to a security concern, and that none of their personal info or files are sent out to others or accessed without consent.
If this app or Helper App on computer collects any kind of data, please say so. Post the policy.
If it can be remotely accessed, or calls home for instructions, or otherwise serves the developer or anyone else, that would be of great concern.
The website also contains no info on the developer other than Twitter and email links. Even the “As seen in press” section is blank.
After initial evaluation, looks like this dev is untrustworthy and this software could open devices to a security risk. No info is provided on how security has been implemented for this server/client link.
Developer Response ,
2. The app collects some usage data that's not linked to your identity (also shown on the app page on the AppStore).
3. My website includes About section with info about me.
4. The app uses standard security practices, and it doesn't call home or sends any of your data to anyone.
It’s good and not good
I mean for what I’ve found so far it’s the best of the apps I can find ... they have a tv version and phone and it plays almost any type of file which is nice but it gets stuck a lot and then it doesn’t seem to do anything without closing the whole app and reloading and it’s just buggy - it needs far more error checking and when playing an audio or video file it needs better controls and it needs to create a non-rigid buffer with previews meaning it lets you go past the point of what’s in the buffer but obv plays smoother if it is. Thumb previews of image or video files would be nice too - other than that it does what it does and if the apps that claim to do this it’s the best I’ve found so far
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Evgeny Cherpak
- 54.9 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 14.3 or later.
English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2022 Evgeny Cherpak
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.