"FingerCAD HD" is the first CAD application for technical drawing with fingers assisted by computer for portable devices. With "FingerCAD HD" you can draw houses, bridges, planimetry of apartments, mechanical components, geometrical figures, everything that can be designed with a common PC CAD. Useful for the engineers on construction site, for architects, surveyors, designers, students etc.. The design possibilities with "FingerCAD HD" are endless and all this using only your portable device, during a travel or comfortably seated or standing at work. The ease of use makes it very useful and versatile. The final design can be saved using standard formats (ex. DXF) and can be sent via e-mail or printed. The zoom and pan, the customization of the drawing, the common cad tools, autosaving and the ability to continue operations even in subsequent sessions of use (at boot "FingerCAD HD" will load automatically the design saved in the previous session of use), possibility to add measurements and free text makes it truly unique. Each CAD object is treated as a separate object; You can then go back in time by removing the objects from last to first (also in next sessions of work), select and remove the undesired parts / incorrect objects. The "automatic acquisition of nearest vertices" facilitates the drawing of adjacent graphics objects and the function "2x" allows you to draw walls (double line) automatically (you can specify the thickness of the wall as desired). The three RGB components, alpha transparency, the freehand drawing, the ability to fill an object with colors, the color palette, the color picker, in addition to the common functions of a CAD give you the ability to add manual graphical effects at the overall design (also using freehand drawing).
MODIFY, COPY AND MOVE for CAD objects (also from one layer to another one).
AUTOMATIC CALCULATION OF THE MEASUREMENT OF THE AREA OF A GENERIC POLYGONAL 3D SURFACE.
Virtual Reality Exploration: you can walk in the 3D model and observe it using first person view (Finger3D HD + FingerCAD HD).
HIGH PRECISION OF DRAWING: using the “under finger dynamic drawing preview “ you can see exactly where for example the initial / final point of a line will be placed (observing the preview window that shows the area of drawing not visible under the finger).
AUTO-PAN for work area: if you reach the border of the screen, FingerCAD shifts automatically the work area so you can continue to draw longest lines - you have not to use the "zoom out" to draw long lines.
.OBJ 2D and 3D export routine: export the CAD design for 3D modeling softwares such as Finger3D HD, Blender, Maya 3D, etc... or print it using 3D printers
DXF export/import for AutoCad, qCad, SolidWorks, etc...
File formats conversions:
- from DXF to OBJ
- from DXF to PDF
- from DXF to IMAGE (JPG,PNG)
3D models can be displayed directly using the "FingerCAD 3D VIEWER".
DROPBOX / iCloud Drive file sharing (IN and OUT)
Ability to import DXF files from a WEB LINK and/or from an EMAIL ATTACHMENT.
Ability to PRINT the design (using AirPrint).
- CAD (computer assisted design)
- Walls with adjustable thickness
- Snap to control points
- Free text
- UNDO/REDO for the graphics objects, from last to first
- Selection and ability to transform/move/delete selected objects
- Snap to grid
- Adjustable grid
- Labels indicating the finger position on the cad area
- Many selectable unit of measurement
- Design multi-layer and multi-floor
- The selected objects can be moved or copied from one layer to another layer or from a floor to another floor
- Preview of other layers in the current layer
- Scale and rotate
- Send with an email the generated .dxf, .obj, .pdf files
- Ability to share .dxf, .obj, .pdf with other installed apps
- DXF part library (architecture, communication, electrical, electronics, mechanical, misc, processing, templates, zipf_libs)
New development/support team:
- the FingerCAD project restarts with this new version optimized for the new iOS and for all compatible iPhone models
- created new support on Facebook (with development team) for end users (new Facebook page: “Gianluca Natalini”):
> any of your requests (by email or on Messenger) will be implemented and added to FingerCAD as soon as possible with a free update
> replies to your messages (in 24 hours), to your questions, clarifications, help…
Improved drawing and user experience in this version of FingreCAD, on every type of iPhone:
- more workspace area now also on iPhone
- app interfaces redesigned and optimized for each screen/resolution, so you can use every available pixel of your iPhone screen
- revised all the source code and optimized for the new iOS
- improved the FingerCAD "COLOR 3D VIEWER": best 3D visualizer and colored 3D models using the colors assigned to the drawn CAD objects
- best routines to measure the area of a generic polygonal 3D surface
- improved app performances
- added the ability to insert generic polygonal filled surfaces
- best VRE (Virtual Reality Exploration) using Finger3D together with FingerCAD: you can walk in the 3D model and observe it using first person view:
> see it in action "FingerCAD HD and Finger3D HD VRE mode demo" on YouTube: https://youtu.be/S4G43AckKuc
- minor bugs fixed for new iOS
- New documentation (soon also available on Amazon) and video tutorials now available at URL: http://www.ngcybit.it/iTunesApp/fingercad/quick-user-guide.html
Ratings and Reviews
I'm no architect or even a student to be one but I like to build and this is exactly what I've been looking for, you can build pretty much any thing, I'm 13 and I have a fair sized office building together complete with meeting rooms and break rooms...
Good start but not there yet
This app is close to what I have been looking for though there are a few things that would be nice to see. Like the other comment it would be great to adjust the grid. The thing I would like to see are to be able to type the location length and angle of the line. To be able to say I want a line to start at1,1 and end act 3,4 or to say Line start at 1,1 to 1,2 take 90 degree turn to 2,2. Another example would be that I want to start at point 1,1 making a 12' line turning 45 degree's then continuing on for 3' turning 260 degree's. This is what I would like to see because if you already know what your making and how it should look. Then all you need is to type it in. Instead of trying to make a small line hit a small peg with big fingers. This is where I will leave things to see if what can be improved with this app. I hope this is use it has good potential
Missing just a few things
I like this app a lot, and as for the price I have yet to find a comparable one. I like the 3d view and the multi floor. There are just a few thing this app needs, though. I would like to see a more in depth tutorial (perhaps interactive) and 3d geometrics (not just straight lines up from the 2d drawing.) I use this app to design ironwork, such as chainmaille (which uses rings) and knives (which uses flat shapes.) for these things, the current 3d view is of little use. One final thing is the selection tool. I would
Ike to see the selected piece STAY selected instead of moving outside the selection zone. This way, if I move too far, I don't have to re-select the piece.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Gianluca Natalini
- 5.9 MB
- Requires iPadOS 16.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 13.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2010 Gianluca Natalini - NGCYBIT Robotics
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.