Fish Rules is an innovative way to understand recreational saltwater fishing regulations for state and federal waters from Maine to Texas, California, Hawaii, Bahamas, and the Caribbean.
Fish Rules simplifies saltwater fishing regulations into an easy to understand format. With a glance, know if a fish is in season, how many you can keep, how big they have to be, and more.
Fish Rules uses your phone's GPS and calendar to show only the regulations you need. No signal - No problem. Manually enter your latitude/longitude or select your fishing location to get the regulations you need.
Take a photo, log your fish - it's never been easier to brag about your catch!
Keep track of the fish you harvest and the ones you release in our intuitive Fish Log. Review your fish log to find patterns and improve your success on the water.
Crisp illustrations and great photos help you identify your catch. Swipe an image to see identification clues and additional photos.
Fish Rules App is NOT a lame pdf reader.
• Regulations are continuously updated throughout the year
• App is able to run entirely on your device.
• Location Filter: Use your phone's built-in GPS or manually select your fishing spot to identify which regulations apply.
• Record harvested and released fish in an easy-to-use Fish Log
• Seamlessly post pictures of your best catches to Facebook and Twitter.
• Beautiful illustrations and photos are provided for each regulated species to improve your ability to accurately identify your catch.
Answers to the most common fishing regulations are provided in an intuitive, at-a-glance format:
• What is the bag limit and/or Vessel limit for the fish I just caught?
• What species are prohibited?
• When does the season open or close for a particular species?
• When are circle hooks necessary?
• When is a dehooking device necessary?
• When is a venting tool necessary?
• How do I report the landing of a Highly Migratory Species?
Like Fish Rules on Facebook:
Follow us on Twitter:
- Fixed layout issues for users with text/font size bumped up really high, in accessibility settings
- When logging prohibited species, only "Released" is shown as an option
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Return to the Ramp with Confidence!
Most of us have been there in a predicament when we catch a fish that we KNOW will be excellent fare for the table, and a memory to live out for years to come. I know I’ve been there, and the only regulations aid I had, was the proverbial folding measurement stick.
No knowledge of open/closed seasons, legal harvest methods. Fish Rules has taken the guess work out of it, and brought it all to my fingertips. We’ve all heard that same line over and over, “You need a lawyer to go on the boat with you, to know the regulations”. Well, I now feel like I’ve got that lawyer with me.
Now I return to the ramp with confidence knowing that, when the agency in question are conducting a fish box check, I don’t have to second guess myself if I have possibly violated local closure for harvest, or seasonal restrictions. I love this App, hands down.
Beat app to make sure you are legal when out in the water
With the ever changing regulations we have had in Florida for the last couple of years regarding seasons, sizes, new species that have seasons this is the one app I trust to make sure I am always certain that I am harvesting legally. Not only is it a great reference tool for out on the water on species that we are familiar with and not so familiar with, it is also a great distraction for my kid as he loves to scroll through the pictures and learn about our local fisheries.
Hands-down best app ever !!!
This app has everything, pictures, sizes, seasons and even locations among a lot of other things! What I mostly love about this app is the the developers work very hard to improve the app daily! If you have any questions or comments you can check out their Instagram, they will appreciate any comment you have! If you’re a fisherman or starting to learn how to fish, I highly recommend this app! 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Fish Rules, LLC.
- 23.5 MB
- Requires iOS 13.6 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.6 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.6 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Fish Rules, LLC.
- In-App Purchases
- ProStaff $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.