Trainerize is an online personal training platform that empowers fitness professionals and studios to better connect to their clients when training them online or in-person.
By combining both a trainer and client side experience, Trainerize allows fitness professionals to stay connected with their clients and manage their coaching business from their smartphones anytime, anywhere.
At the same time, Trainerize helps clients achieve their fitness goals by keeping them engaged with their trainers. Trainers help clients stay committed to their program through customized and comprehensive training plans and progress reports.
WHO CAN USE THE APP
Both fitness professionals and clients can use the app, however fitness professionals need an account to enable clients access to the app. Clients can only use the app if they are working with a trainer that uses Trainerize.
FEATURES FOR FITNESS PROFESSIONALS
- Build and deliver customized training plans built from workouts containing exercise pictures/videos for online and in-person fitness training
- Look up client training plans and progress stats, manage workout calendars, check clients in for workouts, and track current workouts
- Deliver meal plans or get access to professional meal planning tools right in the app
- Keep a full client contact list database and train them in-person at anytime
- Edit client workouts on the fly
- Add full client body stats including caliper body fat measurements
- Upload client progress photos
- Add new clients from the mobile app
- Message clients in real-time
- Connect to add-ons to extend your business and services (eg. MindBody Online, Evolution Nutrition, YouTube, PayPal, Skype, Facebook, Twitter)
FEATURES FOR CLIENTS:
- Access training plans, follow and check-in to workouts
- Schedule workouts and stay committed by beating your personal best
- Access meal plans if your coach sets them up
- Message your coach in real-time
- Track body stats and take progress photos
- Review past progress stats and graphs
- Set push notification reminders on days with scheduled workouts
- Connect to Withings devices to sync body stats instantly
IMPORTANT NOTE: This app is a companion app for businesses that use Trainerize. An online account is required. If you're a client, ask your trainer for your account details so you can login to this app. For more information visit our website.
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good but here is why it crashes (for me)
I’ve had to reinstall this app at least 4 times but I think I found the bug. Since I have an Apple Watch, I try to connect it to the app and when I do it finishes the process and then it crashes. When I go back to the setting, it still says it’s the Apple Watch is not connected and the app continues to crash after about a minute, no matter what screen the app is on. It would drain my battery and make my phone very hot. I wonder if this is the same issue other users are experiencing.
Uninstalling and reinstalling the app fixes the issue and then I just don’t try to connect my Apple Watch anymore; until there’s a fix.
Good but not great
This app needs a lot of upgrades before it’s a 5 star app.
1. They need more exercises that users can add, outside of the training plan provided by the trainer. For example - indoor spin versus outdoor cycling. Yoga. Hiking. Right now the options are so limited, it’s incredibly frustrating.
2. They removed the ability to edit a workout provided by a trainer. We used to be able to edit and substitute an exercise (like a kneeling plank vs a dynamic plank), but that’s gone with their most recent update which basically makes it unusable.
3. Their change management process is chaotic at best. They push out changes outside of app upgrades and so you never know what you’re going to get when you open it. It also makes the app unstable and crashes - probably because they are updating it behind the scenes in the middle of the day.
4. Weight tracking - the shortest increment for tracking is THREE MONTHS! Every other program out there has at least weekly graphs. They have weekly and monthly for other body measurements.
Latest update not so good
My trainer uses this app with all of her clients. A lot of things have improved over the years, but the latest update has changed the background so I can’t see the timer, notes icons and other options while in my workout. It seems the background and the icons are both white. I just happen to know where they are. So, when I tap them, they work. 🤷♀️. I unsintalled the app and reinstalled it and still it is like this. Other users in my fitness group are having the same issue.
One change I would like to see is when the timer is going, that it not pause automatically if I quickly leave the app to say, change my music during a test period.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.