Trainerize is an online personal training platform that empowers fitness professionals and studios to better connect to their clients when training them online or in-person.
By combining both a trainer and client side experience, Trainerize allows fitness professionals to stay connected with their clients and manage their coaching business from their smartphones anytime, anywhere.
At the same time, Trainerize helps clients achieve their fitness goals by keeping them engaged with their trainers. Trainers help clients stay committed to their program through customized and comprehensive training plans and progress reports.
WHO CAN USE THE APP
Both fitness professionals and clients can use the app, however fitness professionals need an account to enable clients access to the app. Clients can only use the app if they are working with a trainer that uses Trainerize.
FEATURES FOR FITNESS PROFESSIONALS
- Build and deliver customized training plans built from workouts containing exercise pictures/videos for online and in-person fitness training
- Look up client training plans and progress stats, manage workout calendars, check clients in for workouts, and track current workouts
- Deliver meal plans or get access to professional meal planning tools right in the app
- Keep a full client contact list database and train them in-person at anytime
- Edit client workouts on the fly
- Add full client body stats including caliper body fat measurements
- Upload client progress photos
- Add new clients from the mobile app
- Message clients in real-time
- Connect to add-ons to extend your business and services (eg. MindBody Online, Evolution Nutrition, YouTube, PayPal, Skype, Facebook, Twitter)
FEATURES FOR CLIENTS:
- Access training plans, follow and check-in to workouts
- Schedule workouts and stay committed by beating your personal best
- Access meal plans if your coach sets them up
- Message your coach in real-time
- Track body stats and take progress photos
- Review past progress stats and graphs
- Set push notification reminders on days with scheduled workouts
- Connect to Withings devices to sync body stats instantly
- Integration with Apple Health: Sync your daily stats to the app such as steps, sleep, HR and more.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This app is a companion app for businesses that use Trainerize. An online account is required. If you're a client, ask your trainer for your account details so you can login to this app. For more information visit our website.
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Good but here is why it crashes (for me)
I’ve had to reinstall this app at least 4 times but I think I found the bug. Since I have an Apple Watch, I try to connect it to the app and when I do it finishes the process and then it crashes. When I go back to the setting, it still says it’s the Apple Watch is not connected and the app continues to crash after about a minute, no matter what screen the app is on. It would drain my battery and make my phone very hot. I wonder if this is the same issue other users are experiencing.
Uninstalling and reinstalling the app fixes the issue and then I just don’t try to connect my Apple Watch anymore; until there’s a fix.
Great Tool But Abysmal Customer Support
Let me preface this review by saying that I love what Trainerize has done for my business. I can now give clients the holistic experience and coaching they actually need to successfully change their lives. The app works well enough most of the time, although it’s a little rough around the edges. It crashes more than I’d like but the third party integration and automation capabilities make up for that shortcoming. I’ve built a solid business through this app but more personal training apps are popping up every day and if anything ever causes me to switch, it is Trainerize’s non-existent customer support. I regularly have to wait days to get any sort of response and when I do it’s usually some canned email that doesn’t address my issue. Only after I’ve emailed back saying as much do I get any sort of genuine help. That can take up to a week sometimes if it happens at all. I expect more from software I pay over $700/yr for. I don’t want to switch software, but if this continues I’ll be looking at other alternatives.
Good but not great
This app needs a lot of upgrades before it’s a 5 star app.
1. They need more exercises that users can add, outside of the training plan provided by the trainer. For example - indoor spin versus outdoor cycling. Yoga. Hiking. Right now the options are so limited, it’s incredibly frustrating.
2. They removed the ability to edit a workout provided by a trainer. We used to be able to edit and substitute an exercise (like a kneeling plank vs a dynamic plank), but that’s gone with their most recent update which basically makes it unusable.
3. Their change management process is chaotic at best. They push out changes outside of app upgrades and so you never know what you’re going to get when you open it. It also makes the app unstable and crashes - probably because they are updating it behind the scenes in the middle of the day.
4. Weight tracking - the shortest increment for tracking is THREE MONTHS! Every other program out there has at least weekly graphs. They have weekly and monthly for other body measurements.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Sensitive Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- TSR Gym Technik Ltd.
- 394.8 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Trainerize
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.