Brought to you by Fitocracy, Mashable's 'Top Innovation in Health & Fitness' winner, 'Macros' is a super-simple macro and calorie counter for people who are tracking their macronutrients (macros for short) to help them reach their fitness goals, whether that's losing weight, or building lean muscle.
Why count macros instead of just counting calories?
When most people embark on a diet, they only count calories, not macros. This often leaves people prone to many of the typical side effects of dieting – feeling hungry, lacking energy, and being irritable. Targeting macronutrients allows you to counteract these side effects. With the right macros, you can remain full all day, stay energetic, and build lean muscle to give you that 'toned' look.
One member of Fitocracy’s 'Weight Loss Made Simple' Fitocracy Group Fitness program said, “This new way of dieting was life changing. I lost 10 lbs, all while remaining incredibly full – sometimes too full. My energy was sky high and I will never go back to pure calorie counting again.”
• The option of searching for and adding foods from a nutritional database for a more automated macro-counting approach
• Fiber counting
• Water counting
• Alcohol counting
• Syncing with Fitocracy to back-up your data
• The option to share your macros with your Fitocracy Group Fitness trainer
Get even more at www.fitocracy.com
• Get support and motivation from our amazing community
• Get Free workout routines designed by top-tier trainers and coaches to go hand in hand with your diet plan
• Browse other users' profiles and find out what works for people just like you
Who it's for
• People that want a simple way to *manually* track their protein, fat and carb macronutrient consumption for each meal
• People that want to view a history of their macro and calorie consumption
• People that want to see their average weekly macros and calorie consumption
• People taking part in 'Fitocracy Group Fitness' programs - http://www.fitocracy.com/knowledge/group-fitness/
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great app! Just one suggestion...
This app makes it really easy to track your macros! Other apps I have used just tracked calories whenever I really wanted to track how much fat, protein and carbs I was eating. The only thing I don’t like about the app is whenever you save your food, it’s saved by the date you added, which makes it hard to look through all the saved food I have... I would like for it to be saved in ABC order so it makes it easier to find what I’m looking for. Or if it could be saved under categories (breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks etc.) that would be extremely helpful too!
Fantastic Food Monitoring App
This app is great to monitor what you eat. It's not just counting calories, which I love. It IS only effective though if you actually DO log your protein, carbs, and fat intake. If you do so, it is so great to see how many calories you eat throughout the day. It also makes it a little fun since you want to reach the calorie goal the app gives you by the end of your day. I'm the biggest fast food and junk food junkie and this app has turned me into a totally different person when it comes to my fitness and health goals! (well along with my own ambition.) keep up the good work!
One thing though is I wish we could put in grams down to decimal points. Some of the foods I eat have let's say 3.5 grams of something and I always have to round it up or down and put in a single digit. Other than that I love it though.
Amazing! But one thing is missing...
I’ve been using this app for 2 years now and the one thing I wish that would be added to the app is the ability to edit the names and rearrange the foods that has been saved in the favorite list. The only thing you can do with the existing ones is delete them, rearranging and renaming those already saved foods would be a very nice addition to that list. Other than that it is an intelligent and a great app, my favorite part is the history and weekly averages that it keeps record of, I still have all my daily intake since 2 years ago! That just blows my mind! I expected it to keep track of maybe back from 2-3 months not the full duration I’ve been using it, that’s just amazing! Thank you for a wonderful app!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.