YOU deserve First Class flight tracking!
Flight Update Pro is the #1 choice of travelers and professionals to track their flights. Used by vacationers, business people and professional pilots!! Flight Update Pro uses the BEST flight status and schedule service available (rated #1 by WSJ) so you will always have the latest information about your upcoming flights. Available since 2008, it is the premier flight tracking app available on the App Store.
March - 2017 - Chosen "Rightful Heir to FlightTrack Pro" by Yahoo! Tech's David Pogue:
May 2017-Jason Snell chooses Flight Update Pro top travel app:
* Track and search for flights Worldwide
* Detailed Departure and Arrival Information
* Large and easy to read displays of flight times
* Real-time updates to flight status, gate changes and cancellations
* Terminal, Gate and Baggage Claim info
* Layover times clearly shown
* ALL in an Elegant, Attractive and Easy To Read interface
* Automatic mirroring of your flights to your Calendar
* Automatic syncing with your TripIt account. Also, download trips shared with you by others. Upload any additions or changes too.
* Track up to five flights departing each month.
* Find alternate flights
* Track the Inbound aircraft to your departing gate (then watch it pull up to the gate)
* Track flight position on a map while en-route
* Save notes for airports and refer to them when you revisit
* View the SeatGuru seating chart of your aircraft and know which is the best seat for you
* Quickly email or text your itinerary
* Organize your flights in “Trips” since we all want to be super organized OR view ALL your flights in one screen
* Store your seat # and notes per flight
ADDING FLIGHTS and SEARCHES
* Add flights by airline and flight number OR search by route
* Display of On-Time Percentage
* Track flights on a map as they travel across the world
* Follow a flight’s altitude, direction, speed and the city it is flying over.
* Saves your frequently used airlines
* View airline contact info
* Saves your frequently used airports
* Beautiful Terminal Maps for major airports
* Store notes for each airport - a great way of noting your favorite restaurant or parking info
* Consistently chosen BEST flight app among independent reviewers
* Highlighted on the App Store by Apple countless times since its introduction in 2008
* Featured in an Apple magazine ad
BACKUP and RESTORE
PUSH NOTIFICATIONS (with optional monthly subscription)
* The MOST timely notification available for flight status, gate changes PLUS pre-flight reminders!
* Fully Customizable to suit your needs - choose only the reminders you want.
* App offers an optional monthly subscription to track and receive flight alerts above the five flights per month that is included.
* Choice of either tracking up to 20 flights, 50 flights, 100 flights or 150 flights departing each month
* Payment charged to iTunes account at confirmation of purchase
* Automatic renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
* Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
* Subscriptions can be managed and auto-renewal can be turned off with Account Settings
* During the trial, if you subscribe, the trial period will end and your subscription will begin
* If you ever have any comments, complaints or compliments, simply tap the "Email the Author" link from the Prefs screen
* Love our app? We greatly appreciate reviews. But if you are having an issue, please email us first so we can help. It is VERY likely we know about it and can suggest an easy solution.
Thank you for making Flight Update Pro the top choice among travelers since 2008.
Mid July 2019
* Fixes an issue when upgraded to a higher subscription plan when still under the trial period
We are continually improving Flight Update Pro. We are working on other new features for future updates. Thanks to all our users who have emailed us their suggestions and feedback.
Ratings and Reviews
Awesome Flight Tracker
As a pilot for a major airline, this is one of my daily tools. Fast, easy data entry, and easy to read info make this the best app of its kind. I fly about 10 flights every week, and it mirrors my schedule to my calendar for my family to keep up with my frequent schedule changes. Bad weather? Canceled flight? Just search for all available flights, or for a specific airline, it's all easy with this app. Even check to see when the incoming flight will arrive at your gate, or check seating charts before you book. I use it all day, every day at work (gate change notifications!). Better than any app my fellow pilots have shown me. My recommendation is to get the Pro version. For a few dollars it gives you push notifications for gate changes, etc. could save you a long walk or a missed flight. That's worth a few bucks!
Update: have been using this app for a few years now. Previous versions have had a few minor glitches, but the latest version seems to have fixed everything. I'm 30 years into this airline career with one of the big 3, and this app is faster than what my own airline provides for us. It's still my go-to source for quick gate and weather info. I have over 300 separate trips in the history in this app - each one has from 1 to 4 or more days of flying. I highly recommend it for both flight crew and passengers.
Easily the best Flight Tracking App
Update to my review: Not only does this app continue to surpass every other one in the category, the developer is extremely fast at responding to any questions. This is a well made, well supported app. Definitely worth a full five star rating.
I have used this app for a number of years now. My wife is a Fight Attendant for a major US carrier, and this app has proved invaluable for us both to track her trips. Enter the flights once into the app and have it automatically update a shared calendar and all her trips appear on both of our iPhones. Unlike other apps it also updates the calendars when trips are changed. It is easy to enter the data, easy to use and accurate. The developer has obviously paid very close attention to usability, and is extremely responsive to emails for bug reports (of which there are very few!) and even suggestions for improvement. Cannot recommend this app highly enough. Easily worth every penny.
7.21 is a failure. App used to be awesome. Not now
When this at first came out I paid $10 for it and used it when Flight Track Pro stop working. As an airline pilot whose company flies 4000+ flights per day, I might look at 150 to 200 flights per month looking to see what flights get from one airport to another.
This app will NOT for for more than 5 flights per month unless you pay $1.99 to look at 20 flight and $4.99 to look at 50 flights.
Even if this app allowed me to look at 50 flights, It locks up at 50 flights, whether you save the flight or not. This new version was ill thought out for frequent traveler who look at hundreds of flights per month. It used to be a great app. Not any more. Why on earth would anyone pay $1.99 a month so they could browse 20 flights ? If the developer wanted me to pay $5 a month for unlimited flights, I would do that but this 50 flights per month limit is woefully inadequate. I hope the developer reaches out so he can understand why a 50 flight limit doesn't work for a airline pilot or passenger who travels weekly and needs options for various flights from various cities. I no longer recommend this app. Please consider another avenue of revenue generation than what you designed into version 7.2.1
Developer Response ,
Indeed those we I been hearing from the most are airline pilots. You mention that you would track 150 flights and even possibly 200 flights per month. The issue I was up against was the huge cost in supporting this level of usage. This was not an issue for the first 6 years the app existed as we were charged a fixed cost to use the flight status and schedule service. THEN 3 years ago the company was sold and we began to be charged for every transaction that took place. At which time the app ran at a loss, each subsequent month losing more.
You mention Flight Track Pro our #1 competitor when it was available several years ago. Their app cost $10 when it came out and look where you are with it today. I know for a fact that they were using the SAME flight status and schedule service we continue to use today. They pulled their app and we have not. All we are looking to do is offer a pricing scheme that matches as close as possible to each customers usage and in the process make a very modest profit.
I will be offerring very soon other subscription options that match a customer's usage. I am sorry if this change was not handled well but charging for usage was the best option.
If you feel comfortable I would like to recomend you go into the Prefs screen, tap the Email the Author and let me know realistically how many flights you use each month. I do not know if the cost will match your budget but at least you will have the option if you want.
One thing I can assure you is that the app is solid, easy to use and offers the most accurate and highest quality data for flight status and schedule.
- Silverware Software, LLC
- 7.8 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2009-2019 Silverware Software
- In-App Purchases
- Track Flights and Alerts - 20 $1.99
- Track Flights and Alerts - 50 $4.99
- Track Flights and Alerts - 100 $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.