Flight Update Pro includes a 2 month subscription. Afterwards a subscription is required. The app offers several different subscription options, both monthly and yearly.
YOU deserve First Class flight tracking!
Flight Update Pro is the #1 choice of travelers and professionals to track their flights. Used by vacationers, business people and professional pilots!! Flight Update Pro uses the BEST flight status and schedule service available (rated #1 by WSJ) so you will always have the latest information about your upcoming flights.
Available since 2008, it is the premier flight tracking app available on the App Store
March - 2017 - Chosen "Rightful Heir to FlightTrack Pro" by Yahoo! Tech's David Pogue:
May 2017-Jason Snell chooses Flight Update Pro top travel app:
* Track and search for flights Worldwide
* Detailed Departure and Arrival Information
* Large and easy to read displays of flight times
* Real-time updates to flight status, gate changes and cancellations
* Terminal, Gate and Baggage Claim info
* Layover times clearly shown
* ALL in an Elegant, Attractive and Easy To Read interface
* Automatic mirroring of flights to your Calendar
* Automatic syncing with your TripIt account. Also, download trips shared with you by others. Upload any additions or changes too
* Track up to five flights departing each month.
* Find alternate flights
* Track the Inbound aircraft to your departing gate (then watch it pull up to the gate)
* Track flight position on a map while en-route
* Save notes for airports and refer to them when you revisit
* View the SeatGuru seating chart of your aircraft and know which is the best seat for you
* Quickly email or text your itinerary
* Organize your flights in “Trips” since we all want to be super organized OR view ALL your flights in one screen
* Store your seat # and notes per flight
ADDING FLIGHTS and SEARCHES
* Add flights by airline and flight number OR search by route
* Display of On-Time Percentage
* Track flights on a map as they travel across the world
* Follow a flight’s altitude, direction, speed and the city it is flying over
* Saves your frequently used airlines
* View airline contact info
* Saves your frequently used airports
* Beautiful Terminal Maps for major airports
* Store notes for each airport - a great way of noting your favorite restaurant or parking info
* Consistently chosen BEST flight app among independent reviewers
* Highlighted on the App Store by Apple countless times since its introduction in 2008
* Featured in an Apple magazine ad
BACKUP and RESTORE
* The MOST timely notification available for flight status, gate changes PLUS pre-flight reminders!
* Fully Customizable to suit your needs - choose only the reminders you want
* The first two months allow tracking of up to 20 flights each month
* After the first two months of use the app requires a monthly or yearly subscription to track and receive flight alerts
* Choice of either tracking up to 20 flights, 50 flights, 100 flights or 150 flights departing each month
* Payment charged to iTunes account at confirmation of purchase
* Automatic renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
* Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
* Subscriptions can be managed and auto-renewal can be turned off with Account Settings
* During the trial, if you subscribe, the trial period will end and your subscription will begin
* If you ever have any comments, complaints or compliments, simply tap "Email the Author" from the Prefs screen
* Love our app? We greatly appreciate reviews. But if you are having an issue, please email us first so we can help. It is VERY likely we know about it and can suggest an easy solution
Thank you for making Flight Update Pro the top choice among travelers since 2008
*** Version 8.2.9 *** (late January 2024 )
* Properly displays flight times when downloading Past history from TripIt.
* Fixes an issue when downloading from TripIt when your allocation has been exceeded.
* Minor bug fixes.
Back in April of 2020 we added additional measures to our flight status servers to detect when a flight has been cancelled to give you more advanced notice. Because of the pandemic, flight cancellations have been more frequent and it was clear this addition was necessary.
If you ever have any comments, complaints or compliments, please go into the Prefs screen within the app and tap the "Email the Author" field. You will always get a response in a timely fashion
HIGHLIGHTS of SOME of the RECENT PAST UPDATES:
*** Version 8.2.8 *** (late Dec 2023 )
* Fixes a bug when searching for flights by route on the current day.
* Fixes a bug where if a push notification for a flight was received when the app was open it would not always display properly.
*** Version 8.2.6 *** (mid November '23 )
* Restoring a backup from iCloud did not always register all your push notifications.
** Version 8.2.2 ** (early Oct '23 )
* Includes the most recent list of airlines tracked
* App will prompt you if you have Calendar mirroring on but do not have Full access to your Calendar (under iOS 17)
** Version 8.2.1 ** (early Oct '23 )
* Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause flights added to a brand new trip not to receive push notifications
* Fixes an issue when run on iOS 17 that will prevent flights from being mirrored in the Calendar
** Version 8.1.0 ** (mid August '23 )
* Introducing expanded push notification preferences. Now you can set the push notifications for each trip you create.
Would you like the ability to set push notification preference for each flight individually too ?? Let us know
** Version 8.0.0 ** (mid July '23 )
* Introduced two new Push Notification options (see in Prefs)
* Enhanced push notification messages
* Added missing airline
** Version 7.94 ** (late January '23)
* Fixed various display issues when editing existing flights, especially when the new requested flight does not exist
* Updated SFO and LAX terminal maps
* Added Wizz Air Abu Dhabi airline
** Version 7.93 ** (early January '23)
* Incorporated new aircrafts types and seating charts
** Version 7.92 ** (Late December '22)
* Fixes issue of flight not fully updating when viewing a flight more than a few days after scheduled arrival
* Minor improvements
** Version 7.89 ** (Early Nov '22)
* More informative subscription status shown when app is first purchased
* Much better handling when our source for flight schedule and status informaiton experiences an outage
(Fortuantely this is a very rare occurance)
* Minor bug fixes
** Version 7.88 ** (Late Sep '22)
* Fixes refresh of Flight Details when returning to that screen after the device has gone to sleep
* Fixes refresh of "Last Updated" date and time at bottom of All Flights screen
* Other minor bugs
** Version 7.71 ** (early Jan '22)
* Improves tracking of flights that have been diverted to an unintended airport and then continues to the intended destination
** Version 7.70 ** (early Dec '21)
* Fixes a display issue when swiping between flight details
DID you know you could do this? If you are displaying the flight details screen and have other flights in your trip, you can swipe left and right to see the next and previous flight details
** Version 7.61 ** (early Aug '21)
* Flights added to your itinerary prior to departure but then not viewed until days after arrival will now update properly will all the details of the flight (Landed, Diverted, Cancelled, etc)
** Version 7.60 ** (late July '21)
* Improved support for diverted flights. Interestingly, there are flights diverted every day that our customers are tracking and we wanted to improve support for this. This also included changes to our servers too
Ratings and Reviews
Awesome Flight Tracker
As a pilot for a major airline, this is one of my daily tools. Fast, easy data entry, and easy to read info make this the best app of its kind. I fly about 10 flights every week, and it mirrors my schedule to my calendar for my family to keep up with my frequent schedule changes. Bad weather? Canceled flight? Just search for all available flights, or for a specific airline, it's all easy with this app. Even check to see when the incoming flight will arrive at your gate, or check seating charts before you book. I use it all day, every day at work (gate change notifications!). Better than any app my fellow pilots have shown me. My recommendation is to get the Pro version. For a few dollars it gives you push notifications for gate changes, etc. could save you a long walk or a missed flight. That's worth a few bucks!
Update: have been using this app for a few years now. Previous versions have had a few minor glitches, but the latest version seems to have fixed everything. I'm 30 years into this airline career with one of the big 3, and this app is faster than what my own airline provides for us. It's still my go-to source for quick gate and weather info. I have over 300 separate trips in the history in this app - each one has from 1 to 4 or more days of flying. I highly recommend it for both flight crew and passengers.
Easily the best Flight Tracking App
Update to my review: Not only does this app continue to surpass every other one in the category, the developer is extremely fast at responding to any questions. This is a well made, well supported app. Definitely worth a full five star rating.
I have used this app for a number of years now. My wife is a Fight Attendant for a major US carrier, and this app has proved invaluable for us both to track her trips. Enter the flights once into the app and have it automatically update a shared calendar and all her trips appear on both of our iPhones. Unlike other apps it also updates the calendars when trips are changed. It is easy to enter the data, easy to use and accurate. The developer has obviously paid very close attention to usability, and is extremely responsive to emails for bug reports (of which there are very few!) and even suggestions for improvement. Cannot recommend this app highly enough. Easily worth every penny.
Subscription Will Be This Apps Demise
I am part of the Beta testers of this app and used it for years. I paid the $9.99 fee to track all flights and they have switched to a monthly fee to track your flights. Poor communication regarding the new business model to generate revenue. As a customer this feels greedy and nothing more than a cash grab. This was not the app model I paid for and it will ultimately be the demise of a great app. I am leaving for greener pastures that do not milk their customers.
As I categorize the comments by date I see the trend as this app will go from 5stars to 3 within months. To the developer, listen to your customers. If your subscription service is now pay per use as you have stated, you may need to switch providers, even if it’s a lesser product. You are jumping over dollars to get to nickles and you will ultimately lose your customer base. I have been a vocal advocate of this app and turned countless people into it, I no longer can do that for you. Best of luck - stop the bleeding before it’s too late, this app is very lucrative for you, find a way to sustain it in the old model before you lose it. We all remember what happened to FlightTrack Pro, learn from others failures (I realize it is a different scenario, but the lack of vision is the same)
Developer Response ,
Maletvette, I would like to address the points you made in your review.
Firstly, the change to the pricing is NOT a cash grab. It is exactly the opposite. If you have ready my many responses to other users you are then aware that this change was our only option other than shutting down the app. The app has been losing money for over 3 years due to the fact that the pricing structure was change from a fixed cost to a per transaction cost when the flight status and schedule service was bought out.
Simply stated, the change will allow the app to continue. No longer would will the app generate severe loses. We just could not cover this any longer.
You state that the app was lucrative and that this was some attempt at making it more so. This is FALSE. The app was NOT lucrative but rather lost money, quite a bit. Since the pricing structure changed three years ago the app was bleeding (to use your analogy) money terribly. We tried different things but in the end the current change was the only thing that would allow the app to continue.
With regards to changing to another service, that was out of the question. We have been with this service since 2008 when Flight Update Pro was launched. This service is by FAR the BEST service available. To use a lesser service to save money was not something I considered and I wonder why you would suggest that. You mention our rating is going down. But the only reason this is the case is becasue people are upset over the cost. NO one has mentioned the quality of the app. Actually there have been a few but they were simply smering the app out of anger as they clearly would not have continued to use the app for year after year. It has been over 10 years that this app has been perfected and in conjunciton with the BEST flight status service it really is the top choice.
Lastly, as for Flight Track Pro, they were up against the SAME problem as they used the service we still use today. You stated there circumstance was different. It was not. They decided to shutdown the app rather and leave their customers hanging (this happened at the precise time the pricing structure for the flgiht status service changed). We instead came up with the most economical solution and still allow the app to continue to service.
You state we should have found a way to sustain the old pricing model. Believe me, I did. But if you lose money on every purchase you cannot make it up in volume. There is simply NO way to reconcile a fixed price when we are charged for every transaction we make to the service. Airline pilots typically would be tracking hundreds of flights per month causing severe loses. Ironically airline pilots have been the most vocal critic of the change.
You mention you were a beta tester for the app but your name does not look familiar nor can I find you in our records. But if you had been you would know my commitment (as the author of the app) is steadfast and it would have been heartbreaking to shut the app down.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Silverware Software, LLC
- 7.6 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2008-2024 Silverware Software
- In-App Purchases
- Track Flights and Alerts - 20 $1.99
- Track Flights and Alerts - 50 $4.99
- Track Flights and Alerts - 100 $9.99
- Track Flights and Alerts - 20 $23.99
- Track Flights and Alerts - 150 $14.99
- Track Flights and Alerts - 50 $59.99
- Track Flights and Alerts - 100 $119.99
- Track Flights and Alerts - 150 $179.99