From critically acclaimed storytelling to powerful photography to engaging videos — the Florida Today app delivers the local news that matters most to your community.
• Access all of our in-depth journalism, including things to do around town, sports coverage from high school to the pros, and much more.
• Enjoy a streamlined, fast-loading experience that makes it easy to view the stories, photos, and videos that matter to you.
• Get breaking news, sports scores, and weather alerts with real-time notifications tailored to your interests.
• Customize your experience by saving your favorite stories, adjusting text size, using night mode, or reading offline.
• Terms of Service: http://cm.floridatoday.com/terms/
• Questions or Comments: email@example.com
• Subscriptions are charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and automatically renew each month or year, unless turned off in your iTunes account settings at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage your subscriptions and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription, where applicable. See "Subscription Support" in the app's Settings for more details and customer service contact information.
• We've addressed a lot of issues and made accessing your subscription even easier.
Ratings and Reviews
We Love Our Hometown Paper!
We’ve subscribed to Florida Today for 23 years, and have really enjoyed the app and online content — as long as it’s been available. Space news, the environment, and local politics are covered well, and we are thankful for good coverage.
Developers not paying attention
Not mention being totally ignored by those I have spoken with. So let’s see if this get’s any attention! I am a beta tester for apple. Having said that I can tell you that when I find a issue I tell apple about it. I also sometimes alert the app coders themselves as is the case here.
This app has a severe problem with focus. Generally it is just the photos but it can also be text. I have informed Gannet of this problem as well as the big chief editor of Florida Today. I did this before the official release of the latest iPad iOS release. Thinking they might like to fix the problem before the release.
Guess I was wrong. They have totally ignored the issue.
Can you say captured market? Ninety five percent of the people will never complain they just put up with the problem or find some other way to solve the problem. End results companies go out of business as their base disappears!
FIX THE APP!
Subscription bait and switch
There is a Thanksgiving special to get the app 3 months for $2.99. When I clicked on it, it reconfirmed the price of $2.99 for 3 months. When it went to the App Store to complete the purchase, it said to confirm for $7.99. I reluctantly clicked confirm, hoping that it meant the price after the 3 months were up. The purchase was denied due to insufficient funds. I had $7 in my account, which means it tried to charge me the $7.99 rather than the advertised price of 3 months for $2.99. Fortunately for me, I am not out money and cheated, but this needs to be fixed! How many others were charged for this? This is deceptive and dishonest!
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 188.3 MB
- Requires iOS 12.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.3 or later.
English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2021 Gannett Co., Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Florida Today Digital Subscription $9.99
- Florida Today Annual Digital Subscription $69.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.