ABOUT THE APP:
Keeping track of what you eat has been shown to help prevent and stop over-eating.
This app helps you control your diet and eat healthier, by making it easy to track what you eat. The design is optimized to make entry as quick as possible, with 1 click entry, and recent food suggestions. The built in database already has thousands of food items and if yours are not known, adding them is easy.
This app is free to download, and supported by advertisements. You can use it for free as long as you like. It is possible to remove the advertisement for a fee, which will also enable additional features.
1. A simple and powerful design: The app opens directly on the entry screen, on the most recent meal, because that is what you'll use most. The design makes adding entries as simple and intuitive as possible.
2. One tap entry with personalized suggestions: The most common food items can immediately be selected. Starting on the second day, your recent items are suggested because you may eat the same food frequently.
3. Logging in is not needed: No personal data or contact information is required.
4. Thousands of items already in the database: Most food items have accurate information about common serving sizes, calories, carbohydrates, protein and fat.
5. Full off-line support: No need to be connected to the internet.
6. Precise entry is also easy: You can accurately enter the precise amount using a slider.
7. Daily reports: Using the menu, you can directly open the diary, which shows a summary of your day. Here you can switch between calories, protein and carbohydrates by pressing on little triangle.
8. Track your goals: After entering your personal goals, you can use the week report to see your trends.
9. Personal reminders help you stay on target: They are a convenient way to make sure you fill out your diary, after each meal, or at the end of the day.
It is a good idea to verify the information in the database is the same as the information on your food packaging; food nutrition fluctuates with brands and over time.
Make sure to discuss your goals with your doctor or nutrition specialist.
1. No more advertisement.
2. A much larger food database.
3. The ability to e-mail yourself a copy of the diary.
4. More configuration options, including the ability to enter up to 8 separate meals a day.
SUBSCRIPTION PRICING & TERMS
The app is free to download and use. Should you choose to upgrade, we offer a one time payment option, and an auto-renewing subscription option: Renews every three months
Payment will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription renews automatically unless cancelled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the subscription period. There is no increase in price when renewing.
Any unused portion of the free trial period will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.
Subscriptions can be managed and auto-renewal turned off in Account Settings in iTunes after purchase. Once purchased, refunds will not be provided for any unused portion of the term.
Read our full Terms of Service at http://www.ieatbetter.com/terms.html
Search for foods through speech recognition
Ratings and Reviews
Before using this app, I was an unconscious eater on two levels. I was not aware of everything I was eating and I totally under-estimated the caloric amounts of my food. I started using the app religiously four months ago and have lost 36 pounds to date.
Good program but could be better!
This program is fairly easy to use. Entering food items right when eating them helps keep track of calories, fat, carbs, and protein for the day helped me identify mindless eating I was doing. Review of Journal let me track my eating for the past week but only for one week. If I wanted to find how I did two or three weeks ago I couldn’t find that.
I was also eating same items often and those with standard recipes were saved and could be reused again. But any non-standard recipes were not saved nor was there any option to save what I wanted to save. So I had to repeatedly enter nutrient information for these recipes that were my favorites.
Overall I give this program 3.5 stars out of possible 5.
Developer Response ,
Hi George, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. There was a problem with finding a custom recipe for re-use (rather than saving it), which is fixed in the latest release (5.2). If there is anything else I can help with, please don't hesitate to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org
You have to pay to input certain foods?
I just downloaded and filled out my profile etc. I had some green bell pepper slices and hummus as a snack so I tried to put that in and fresh green bell pepper is locked? To put in and you have start a free trial to put it in your diary.. What? I get they want you to subscribe but I feel like more people would stay longer if you could actually input all foods without locking some? Especially healthy food?
- My Daily Bits LLC
- 107.6 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2012-2019 My Daily Bits LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Premium subscription $0.99
- Premium subscription $5.99
- Premium subscription $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.