FoodNoms is a food tracker designed to be fast, powerful, and easy to use. Set custom nutrition goals, log your food, and measure your progress.
HOW IT WORKS
1. Log what you eat and drink with a fast, beautiful interface.
2. Set specific nutrition goals for calories, macros (protein, fat, carbohydrates), net carbs, cholesterol, fiber, sugars, water, alcohol, caffeine, and more.
3. Learn about your nutrition, and use that knowledge to reach your health and fitness goals.
LEARN ABOUT YOUR NUTRITION
• Track your success for each of your goals over time
• Discover which foods are helping you and which ones are holding you back
• Automatic tracking of intermittent fasts
• Scan barcodes and nutrition labels
• Save time using Smart Suggestions, which recommends foods to log based on your food habits
• Log food and check on your goals with Siri and the Shortcuts app
• Leave the food scale at home and instead record the accuracy of your recordings
BEAUTIFUL HOME SCREEN WIDGETS
• Track your nutrition and fasting goals right from your Home Screen
• Quickly log food and open the label scanner
INTEGRATION WITH THE HEALTH APP
• Write nutrition data to the Health app - calories, macros, vitamins, minerals, water, caffeine and more
• Use Active Energy data from the Health app (i.e. the Move ring on the Apple Watch) to automatically adjust your calorie goal
BUILT TO PROTECT YOUR PRIVACY
• Sync your data to multiple devices securely with iCloud and the Health app
• No advertisements or spam
TRUSTWORTHY NUTRITION DATA
• A food database with hundreds of thousands of food items with rich nutrition data from trustworthy sources
• Quickly scan nutrition labels to quickly log accurate data for packaged foods
• Create custom foods, recipes, and meals, and share them with your friends
• Dynamic type support
• Dark mode
FOODNOMS PLUS VS FREE
• Free - unlimited food tracking; create goals for calories, macros and more; create recipes and meals; integration with the Health app and the Shortcuts app
• FoodNoms Plus - track water, caffeine, and alcohol; view weekly and monthly charts; more stats and data; track intermittent fasts; plus other exclusive features
- Fix an issue where the date and time picker fails to expand
- Fix food logged after invoking the Command-N keyboard shortcut failing to show up in the log
- Fix app icon shortcuts on macOS
Ratings and Reviews
Best app I’ve tried
I’m a diligent nutrient tracker. I used to use MyFitnessPal but the problem I had with it is it wouldn’t sync ALL of the information to Apple Health. No water or vitamin syncs. Also MFP would hide anything except micronutrients behind a toggle and if the information is incorrect you can report it but have to wait for it to be fixed. Plus it still allows you to do recipes and meals like MFP!
This app fixes that by creating a local copy of the correct nutrient information to log. One thing I never knew I needed was also adding a drink to the list and it tracks both calories and the amount of oz to water, that’s a game changer for me. I was having to switch between two apps to track water intake and food intake.
The main dashboard is beautiful and shows you everything at a glance. All macronutrients are color coded. Drilling into food, you can see ALL nutrients right up front. Plus FULL syncing to apple health. The data scientist in me is very happy and I decided to go for premium!
The Best Food Tracker
I’ve tried a few food tracker apps and they always tend to be overly complicated and laden with advertisements. FoodNoms breaks the norm. It’s a beautifully designed app, that was clearly designed with iOS in mind. Everything is intuitive and logging food could not be easier. The bar scanning works very well and the database of food was surprisingly thorough. I love being able to configure a meal as a recipe and then add a portion of it to my day. This is far more practical for someone who cooks a lot and doesn’t eat a lot of prepackaged food (like me). The visualizations against goals are incredibly clear and I love the widget options, which are prominently on my Home Screen. The upgrade for premium is also a steal. Even if you don’t need the premium features I’d encourage you to upgrade to help keep development going. This is a great app, hands down, and it’s really helping me get control of my eating habits. Thanks a ton for building such a wonderful tool!
Is Food Tracker
First, and most importantly, this app is actually free. Full functionality with no price tag, though you can pay to access more features (caffeine, water, alcohol). Some foods are missing, and the search is a bit weird (some foods only appear if I don’t type in the full name), but still, it’s an extensive and accurate library of foods (that you can easily add to) for the unbeatable price of free. (No ads that I’ve seen either.)
Second, very nice looking, even in dark mode. The bars for calories are in a nice, understandable UI, each button is intuitive - this app looks like it could have been on my phone from purchase. (It’s a lot more useful than some of those apps though.)
In short, this app is perfect for if you have poor memory (like me) and would like to stop yourself from overeating, would like to track what you eat, or even want to plan out your meals.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Algebraic Labs, LLC
- 32.1 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 14.5 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.5 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.5 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.3 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Algebraic Labs, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- FoodNoms Plus Monthly $4.99
- FoodNoms Plus Annual $29.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.