FoodNoms is food tracker designed to be fast, powerful, and easy to use. Set custom nutrition goals, log your food, and measure your progress.
HOW IT WORKS
1. Log what you eat and drink with a fast, beautiful interface.
2. Set specific nutrition goals for calories, macros (protein, fat, carbohydrates), net carbs, cholesterol, fiber, sugars, water, alcohol, caffeine, and more.
3. Learn about your nutrition, and use that knowledge to reach your health and fitness goals.
LEARN ABOUT YOUR NUTRITION
• Track your success for each of your goals over time
• Discover which foods are helping you and which ones are holding you back
• Automatic tracking of intermittent fasts
• Scan barcodes and nutrition labels
• Save time using Smart Suggestions, which recommends foods to log based on your food habits
• Log food and check on your goals with Siri and the Shortcuts app
• Leave the food scale at home and instead record the accuracy of your recordings
INTEGRATION WITH THE HEALTH APP
• Write nutrition data to the Health app - calories, macros, vitamins, minerals, water, caffeine and more
• Use Active Energy data from the Health app (i.e. the Move ring on the Apple Watch) to automatically adjust your calorie goal
BUILT TO PROTECT YOUR PRIVACY
• Sync your data to multiple devices securely with iCloud and the Health app
• No advertisements or spam
TRUSTWORTHY NUTRITION DATA
• A food database with hundreds of thousands of food items with rich nutrition data from trustworthy sources
• Quickly scan nutrition labels to quickly log accurate data for packaged foods
• Create custom foods, recipes, and meals, and share them with your friends
• Dynamic type support
• Dark mode
FOODNOMS PLUS VS FREE
• Free - unlimited food tracking; create goals for calories, macros and more; create recipes and meals; integration with the Health app and the Shortcuts app
• FoodNoms Plus - track water, caffeine, and alcohol; view weekly and monthly charts; more stats and data; track intermittent fasts; plus other exclusive features
- Improve rounding logic for goals
- Fix issue where Health entries wouldn't update after editing logged food
- Fix issue where serving weight doesn't get applied if focused while tapping Done
- Fix misc. bugs in the onboarding experience
- Fix issues with Health syncing and toolbar buttons disappearing
- Other bug fixes and reliability improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
So Good, and Keeps Getting Better
I don’t rate a lot of apps, but I gotta shout out FoodNoms. I came to FoodNoms from a large, “friendly” food tracking app. There are many things that app does well, but I didn’t want to keep sharing all my data with them, and I really disliked the lack of support for automating my tracking. The Shortcuts support in FoodNoms is great and I can now easily track my common entries. (morning coffees anyone?)
I’m also excited about the new community database of foods. The food database was not as big as my previous app, but it’s easy to add foods with the label scanner. Now that items can be added by the community, I’m sure the database will grow. The only problem is will it obviate the need to use the cool label scanner? I hope not!
I’ve completely switched over to FoodNoms and couldn’t be happier. I’m sure you will be too!
Best food tracking app I’ve ever used!
And believe me, I’ve gone through a lot of them. FoodNoms is the first one that looks nice, feels nice to use, and has every feature I’d expect and more. Scan a barcode and it’s not in the database? It’ll roll right into scanning the label, intelligently picking out all the nutritional info, so you can add it to your database - after which, it’ll ask if you want to submit it to the public database, for that crowdsourced magic. Chef’s kiss, it’s beautiful.
Beyond that, it fits in on iOS perfectly - the visual style works very well, and it saves everything to the Health app, so I can write all sorts of silly little Shortcuts to analyze my data in the weird ways I want to. I love it.
Seriously, I cannot recommend this app enough. If you’re looking for a food tracker, this is the one.
Best iOS calorie tracking app
I recently started a weight loss program. When I asked the coach if he could recommend an app for tracking calories he showed me “myfitnesspal” as the standard app. When he opened it there was a 20s loading screen, followed by a full screen video ad, then navigation to get to the calorie tracking. No thanks. I tried a bunch of different apps with similar problems. FoodNoms is the only calorie tracking app I could find that wasn’t annoying, and has a decent food database. And the tight integrations with iOS and the health app are better than I could find anywhere else. Thanks for making a well designed app that is a pleasure to use. Looking forward to further improvements to the food database.
- Algebraic Labs, LLC
- 14 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 13.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Algebraic Labs, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- FoodNoms Plus Annual $16.99
- FoodNoms Plus Monthly $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.