Gautrain – for people on the move. The official Gautrain app – everything you need to know about the Gautrain.
With the new Gautrain App, you get all the travel information you need, when you need it. Features include:
• access Gautrain Card balances
• top-up prepaid balances and purchase fare products via secure payments
• real-time journey planning, station to station, or search for any address in Gauteng, with the option to add public transport operators in Gauteng to extend your journey options beyond the Gautrain network
• live Gautrain bus tracking, plotted on your journey map
• journey fares and schedules, with the option to request journey information up to seven days ahead
• find nearest bus and station features, with routing instructions
• link multiple Gautrain Cards to a profile
• view balance and travel history for transit cards
• log and manage claims online
• block Gautrain Cards.
• check expiry date and more…
The Gautrain system provides you with a safe, comfortable and reliable train service, a dedicated bus system, as well as drop-off and parking facilities at all stations (except at OR Tambo International Airport). These services are fully integrated and may be used separately or jointly by transferring from one to another. The services are all accessed by means of your Gold Card. Additional services include car rental facilities at Johannesburg Park Station, Sandton- and Pretoria Stations.
Due to the large possibility of different routings, the fare calculator gives only indicative prices and not always the exact amount. The indicative price shall not be binding and/or enforceable against the Gauteng Provincial Government (including the Gauteng Management Agency (Pty) Ltd) and/or Bombela Concession Company and/or Bombela Operating Company (Pty) Ltd. The timetables are only indicative and can change without prior notice.
* Performance Enhancements
* Bug Fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Used to be good
The app used to be useful but it’s so frustrating now. Trying to see schedules ahead of time is impossible. Going through the annoying registration process only to still not have functionality is so frustrating. Apps are supposed to be quicker and more useful on the go than the websites.
Just updated to the new app. The features are great and will definitely make getting info better and easier. However, there are some things that could be improved:
1. I have a notification bubble on my app that shows 7 notifications. When I open the app is doesn’t show any notifications and so I can’t clear these. It’s quite frustrating - pls fix this.
2. I logged into my profile, but every time I close the app it logs me out. This should be like other apps, that once you login your details are saved so you don’t have to keep typing in login details.
A worthwhile app
If you are a regular Gautrain user, this app will make your life easier. Not only is the train schedule useful, but you can also register and reload your fare card without having to stand in line. True, the bus route functionality (tracking) never seems to work, but this is only one of the apps functionality. Get it!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.