Generac PWRview 4+
Monitor your Generac system!
Neurio Technology Inc.
PWRview enables owners of a Generac energy system to see real-time site performance, directly from their mobile device.
Use Generac PWRview with your PWRcell system, your Generac generator with PWRview ATS, or with your PWRview Home Energy Monitor installation. PWRview gives you real-time insight into energy production, energy cost and consumption.
Live energy monitoring
• Monitor live home power consumption
• PWRcell system owners can also monitor solar production and PWRcell battery capacity
• Understand your system behavior at a glance, with energy flow lines
• See how your home energy needs have been met throughout the day
Daily Energy Snapshot
• Monitor your power consumption, and for PWRcell owners, also monitor your generation and battery usage throughout the day
• Keep tabs on your daily system performance with aggregated energy measures
• See how your bill and bill savings progress throughout the day
• Understand how your solar system and energy storage help you reduce your daily grid energy demand
• Discover patterns in your consumption, solar generation, grid, and battery usage
• Directly relate your system performance to your electricity bill
• Keep track of your accumulated bill spending
• Avoid surprises at the end of the month thanks to accurate bill forecasting
• Measure the effect of time-of-use rates on your bill
• Investigate the effect of seasonality and changes in your home with historical bill comparisons.
Fixes logout issue.
Ratings and Reviews
Overall well designed app
Really like the app. It’s great having all the info at my fingertips. Love being able to watch my usage live. And the interface is well set up. Two concerns:
1) when I leave the app and come back, the live power graphs both current and 24 hour view do not show up. I have to close out the app completely and restart it in order to see the graphs again.
2) it would be great to be able to customize views for the reports based on date ranges. They just show a one month view, I wish you had the option to customize dates so I could get it to match my utility bill dates.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your review and feedback! We will pass these suggestions to our product team.
Latest Update Broke the App
First, this latest update broke app functionality. I have two inverters, so they are listed as two “sites”. Previously, I was able to switch between the sites within the app to see production of both inverters. Since the update, I am locked into the data of whatever site the app opens with. To see the second site, I have to manually select the second site, then close the app, swipe it off the screen, and then restart the app. Very clunky and not how it worked before.
Second, I am in one house, why can’t you merge the two inverters into one “site” and then give me the ability to dive down into the production of inverter 1 and inverter 2 in a sun-menu. When I look at the app, I am primarily interested in see total production at that moment or for the day and not have to go through the tedious process listed above to manually calculate the production of the two inverters.
Finally, please incorporate the ability to change modes (Clean Backup, Self-Supply, etc.) from the app. This would greatly increase functionality and bring it up to industry standards. If Generac Support can remotely change modes, then we should be able to too from the app. That’s one of the reasons these systems are connected to the internet.
Developer Response ,
Hi Appsolutley, Thank you for the detailed review!
The latest update (1.9.1) has the fix addressing the site switching issue, please update your app.
We hear you on the merging sites and remote mode changes!
Not powerful enough, too simple
1.) It is very simple information, not a lot you can use to fully understand your system. 2.) It should display multiple bits of information like the desktop/PC version. For example: combine bar graphs with line graphs depicting battery SOC versus the home’s kWh draw versus solar production. 3.) The data should be real-time, no delay. For example: the current bar graphs show a ‘time frame’ i.e.: solar production is depicted in an hourly data point (from 1:00 to 2:00). 4.) The system should be switchable to military time. It sometimes gets a bit confusing to determine the ‘time of day’ in a 24 hour cycle when analyzing the data on the App. 5.) The App is not able to show multiple systems simultaneously. This is so weak and elementary! 6.) If the App can’t show multiple systems simultaneously as in item ‘5’ above, then the App should be written to allow ‘multi-tasking’ so two or more PWRview Apps can display on the same iPad simultaneously. Other Apps do this! For such a large company, your App is amateurish! Yes, I’m really annoyed!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Neurio Technology Inc.
- 32.3 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Copyright 2021 Generac Power Systems Inc.