This is the official mobile app of the Golf Handicap Information Network (GHIN) , a service offered by the USGA to golf associations worldwide. It offers a personalized mobile experience that allows you to manage and follow your game.
Key features include:
• Score Posting (Total Score, Hole-by-Hole Score and Hole-by-Hole Score with Stats)
• Stat Tracking (Number of Putts, Greens in Regulation and Driving Accuracy)
• Score History
• Golfer Lookup
• Course Handicap Calculator
• My Card
Note: Use of this app is only for golfers of a club using the GHIN services exclusively through their golf association.
You may purchase an auto-renewing subscription through an In-App Purchase.
• Auto-renewable subscription
• 1 year ($39.99)
• Your subscription will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and will automatically renew yearly, unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• Current subscription may not be cancelled during the active subscription period; however, you can manage your subscription and/or turn off auto-renewal by visiting your iTunes Account Settings after purchase
We are excited to introduce a NEW Games & Group Score Keeping feature! Available to all users, an easy-to-use digital scorecard that allows you to track your group’s scores & match from your phone. Additionally, you can send other GHIN Golfers in your group their scores for review & seamless score posting.
Ratings and Reviews
Enjoy the app, though only use for keeping score and then post-round posting. Agree with other comments that it’s a nuisance having to re-click “GHIN” to have it reappear on the face after lowering hand. Biggest gripe, though, is that the user should be able to change face element colors—such as to white background with dark lettering. That, or make the hole being played white lettering (or some other higher contrast color, such as bright yellow). Right now “Hole” appears as gray on a black background in a smaller font size. In bright daylight, this is VERY difficult to clearly see—particularly if one is older and needs “readers” (that I don’t wear while playing golf).
I have a soft cap on my handicap. I believe it is a result of one great round I played at my home course in August. That dropped my index way down. It’s a little disappointing that my index is being constricted because of that. You know it is possible to have one good day on the links in an entire year. Especially if you were a very good golfer at one point in your life. It’s still in there. I just can’t get it to come out nearly as often as I would like. Quite honestly, it’s embarrassing ring the index I am. But it’s what I am. I’m getting older. Can’t hit it as far or as straight. My body doesn’t always cooperate. Can’t practice as much as I would like because of my back. Wish the system could take everything into consideration.
Apple Watch bug issues
I enjoy the concept of the app and not having to manually enter hole by hole scores after each round or carry a rangefinder. However there are bugs which hinder the functionality of the app.
1. After each hole or shot in need to reopen the app on the watch to enter scores or get a distance. Last year I used GolfLogix and this was not an issue. GolfLogix stayed open and active on my watch the entire round.
2. Yardage distance does not always update on the watch this issue appeared occur off and on. Often after reopening the app on my watch (see #1) the distance on my watch would read as if I’m standing on tee, but I’m only 100 yards away from green. I would go to the phone app which would confirm I’m 100 yards from the green. The value of the watch app is not having to mess with my phone during the round.
3. Not all scores entered on the watch transfer to to the phone app scorecard. After the round I review the scorecard before posting my score. 3-4 holes did not have recorded scores entered though the watch. I needed to manually enter the score for those holes on the phone scorecard in the app before posting the scorecard.
The app has great potential but these issues need corrected for the app to remain viable.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- United States Golf Association
- 162.7 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- GHIN Mobile is powered by the Golf Handicap and Information Network © Copyright 2022. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to GHIN Enhanced GPS $39.99