The USGA’s official app for the Rules of Golf, which is always kept up to date with the latest Rules content. The following documents are included in this app:
• Player's Edition of the Rules of Golf
• The Full Rules of Golf
• The Official Guide to the Rules of Golf (includes Interpretations, Committee Procedures, Model Local Rules, and the Modified Rules for Players with Disabilities)
• Note – The Player's Edition is a shortened version of the Rules written specifically for golfers. The Full Rules and the Official Guide are designed for referees and tournament administrators, and are available after enabling Expert Mode within the app’s Settings.
App features include:
• Every Rule, Definition and Interpretation available instantly
• Rules videos, FAQs, topic overviews, and quizzes
• Powerful search tool to quickly locate information on any Rules topic
• Simple, fast, and intuitive navigation
• Quick hyperlinking to all definitions, Rule number references, and related Rules documents
Additional resources on the Rules of Golf are available at www.usga.org/Rules.
Have any questions? Feel free to reach out to us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org or 908-326-1850!
Thanks for using the USGA Rules of Golf app! This update includes:
• Minor code updates.
• Push notification fix.
• No noticeable changes to app functionality for user.
Ratings and Reviews
The App requires an Index for the Decisions.
While, the publication of the Rules alone is pretty straightforward. In use, the Decisions often are needed. Having a cross-referenced Index for the Decisions would be extremely helpful. You've already done the work in the print edition.
Please add it to the App.
Had no idea you had to side scroll
🤦🏻♂️ It took me a year to realize you could side scroll. I found it by accident as there was no indication anywhere that the pages displayed that way. Nothing in the “How to use the App” section. I kept going back to the original index and then clicking on the section I wanted as opposed to just scrolling sideways from page to page. 🤦🏻♂️
And typical of the USGA and rules people, there are sections that say “for example” but doesn’t list everything. I think people are going to want to know what all those things are, so why not just list them?!?!!
This is such a cumbersome and tedious App to navigate, just like the Rules of Golf are, even in printed form. But that is also typical of many American instruction manuals and basic language where things are muddled because it’s a very “general” type of language and not specific, and is written that way. Even the definitions of the playing areas are labelled as “general.”🙄
As a rules official this is my number one source while on the course. The new hyperlinks are extremely useful. Much improved search functionality. Wish list: ability to listen to the content while driving, especially the definitions. Second, PLEASE allow use for test. Haven’t used my books hardly at all this summer. Great resource.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- United States Golf Association
- 67.4 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 by the United States Golf Association
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.