Premier field collection and data viewer for iPhone and iPad.
GIS Pro is the enterprise version of a two part app suite for mobile GIS users. GIS Kit ($99) is geared toward individual users whereas GIS Pro ($299) is capable of some more advanced, collaborative features that are typical of an enterprise environment (see list below).
FEATURES IN GIS KIT & GIS PRO
- No desktop GIS software required.
- No prior GIS training required.
- Completely offline capable.
- Cache (download) open source topographic maps, street maps and satellite imagery straight from device.
- Import ESRI Shapefiles and KML/KMZ files including attributes.
- Attribute/form fields include: Alphanumeric (Description), Photos, numerical values, user defined list of values, addresses, websites, date & time, telephone number, check box.
- Easily collect new point, line, and polygon features in the field by GPS or drawing manually.
- Enter attribute values for each feature and/or add new attribute types at time of collection.
- Create templates of user defined feature classes with custom attributes.
- Comes loaded with numerous example feature templates for professional use in Forestry, Wetland Delineation, Stream Surveys, and Real Estate.
- Import and export data wirelessly by email. Larger data sets can be imported/exported by connecting to any computer with itunes.
- Filter the GPS based data collection by controlling the amount of GPS points by distance, time or accuracy
- Organize by projects and layers
- Best-in-class performance. Tested on iPad 2 with over 1 million point features!
FEATURES ONLY IN GIS PRO
- Raster imagery import & export (GeoTIFF, Worldfile, KML, and even non-spatially referenced images can be imported with in-app 3-point registration)
- Export Shapefiles and CSV files via email or USB with iTunes
- Export, share, and import custom feature class templates with other devices used by your team so there are no conflicts with your features and their attributes.
- Basic WMS for additional basemap options
- Easily convert Shapefiles to KMZ files and vice versa
Documentation and videos can be found using the support link.
Please note that a separate license is required for each user or each device that is used by multiple users. See http://www.apple.com/legal/itunes/us/terms.html for details. Also see http://www.apple.com/business/vpp for information on purchasing in volume.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Bug fixes and optimizations.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I really like it when it works but lately the app crashes almost every time i try to add a layer. It used to work great. The support button does not give you anything. And the website for the app does not respond either. This app seems to be going down hill fast!
I have been using the app, if I remember correctly, from 2012. Initially, when I purchase the app, I needed something to develop routs, offline imagery capability and export final product to KML ability. This app has performed flawlessly, beyond expectations, from day one and every day of using it. In my opinion, the tool like this is well worth the money that the developer is asking. Honestly, I would pay over 1000$ for the app.
I'm a new user of this app and think its a really good start. It has great import/export and drawing capabilities and a easy to use design. What it really needs though is direction and distance readings when drawing lines and polygons. Also, the measuring tool should also provide direction. This is hugely important for drawing property boundaries. Without this capability, it is dependent on data sets created in more powerful GIS software. With it, this could be an amazing tool well worth the price.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Garafa, LLC
- 45.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 Garafa, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.