- TIME Magazine’s 15 Fantastic Gadgets
“Perfect for hiking or mountain biking.”
“The GPS Kit app... has a number of excellent outdoor uses, especially [for] hiking, biking or geocaching.”
- NBC’s ‘The Browser’ Radio Show
“Most beneficial for adventure-type guys.”
Top-of-the-line GPS system for adventurers and professionals in the great outdoors.
Designed for outdoor activities such as:
hiking, hunting, camping, skiing, cycling, geocaching, mountain biking, motorcycling, off-roading, fishing, and other romping in or out of the backcountry—ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD.
GPS Kit is a full-featured GPS system for the iPhone that combines all the functionality of expensive handheld units with the power of wireless technology. Using advanced technology optimized for the iPhone, GPS Kit offers a superbly easy-to-use system that puts data from a wide range of sensors at your fingertips.
Highest Quality Mapping
- Fastest maps in the App Store
- Smooth, elegant interaction
- Offline Mode enables use out of cell range
- No data connection required if map is cached
- Use your own map sources
Simple, Powerful Data Handling
- Mail links for Google Earth & map viewing
- Full-color thumbnails of data sets
- Group tracks and waypoints together
- Most options for export and import of data
- Open KML, KMZ, & GPX from Mail & Safari
- Attach KML & GPX files to email
- Export GPX & KML through iTunes
- Share your adventures on Facebook and Twitter
- Add photos and notes to waypoints
- Drag map to reposition as coordinates update
- UTM, USNG, MGRS
- Long-press to quickly drop a waypoint
- Navigate to waypoints using compass
- Magnetic compass (3GS, 4, iPad)
- Option to use current travel direction on compass
- See distance to waypoint update in real-time
Weather Stations (U.S. Only)
- Create "weather stations" to get point forecasts
- Get data specific to your fishing hole, ski tour, etc.
- Data provided by the National Weather Service
- Unlimited stations
Intelligent Data Collection
- Uses maximum GPS accuracy
- Real satellite positioning even without cell signal
- Auto-segmentation of tracks for clean tracks
Fully Customizable Dashboard
- Gorgeous high contrast display
- Huge variety of parameters and units
- Time, Trip Time, Track Time
- Elevation Change
- Formatted Position (Lat/Lng, UTM, MGRS, USNG)
- Accuracy, Speed, Odometer, Avg Speed
- Max Speed, Pace, Avg. Pace
- Moving Time, Stopped Time, Direction
- 3-Axis Inclinometer and Glide Ratio
- Customizable cell on map
Loaded with Related Utilities
- Elevation and speed graphs
- On-map tracking controls and timer
- On-map ruler
- Multi-touch area measurements
* Use of "Squawk!" requires an Internet connection and extended use may adversely impact battery life
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
- updated to 64 bit
- updated for new screen sizes
- fixed weather stations
- fixed sharing
Ratings and Reviews
Needs an update
I’ve use this app for for many years and it’s been really helpful. But it’s concerning that it hasn’t been updated in two years. Also, significant sections of the Lake Tahoe rim Trail in California and Nevada are missing. This is a popular trail and should be shown on the Topo maps!
Best navigation app
I am a commercial blue crabber and licensed tow boat captain and I use this app to keep track of 200 crab pots on the Gulf of Mexico and I also use it to locate vessels needing towing assistance. Even when I’m 30 miles offshore with no cell phone service, the offline maps never fail to guide me to my destination. So simple to use and the best tool I’ve ever seen on a cell phone
I have used this app in the states (find my way around the forest when exploring) and Europe (hiking and biking). It is super accurate and easy to use. Base map information (gradient / terrain) is fantastic and details in Europe were amazing (eg a small abandoned Hut high in the Italian alps was marked). Great accuracy on my iPhone 8. Glad it's back and updated.
The developer, Garafa, LLC, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Garafa, LLC
- 19.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Garafa, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.