This free app consolidates the avalanche, weather, road, and slope information you need for critical decision-making, including:
- Daily avalanche advisories for 7 regions around the state from the Utah Avalanche Center
- Daily field observations from a small army of volunteer observers as well as the UAC staff.
- Road conditions including avalanche closures, road travel restrictions, and canyon road webcams
- Critical mountain weather information including current conditions, forecasts, satellite loops, radar, and mountain weather cams
- Emergency contacts and your GPS location for a fast rescue response .
- A slope evaluation tool using your camera, containing your GPS location, steepness, aspect, elevation, time, and date
- Ability to photograph a slope watermarked with GPS location, steepness, aspect, elevation, time, and date and share that photo
- Forms to quickly share observations with the Utah Avalanche Center
- A list of contacts for more information
- Better compatibility with new devices
- New "My Weather" section for custom weather tracking
- Added Abajo region
- Better formatting
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Nice to have easy to view app for this info, but… If you don’t use the report submittal tool, its not much different from the website, which they could just make responsive, and skip the app. What would make this app shine is if they could restyle the raw weather and snow data (that so many backcountry users end up accessing anyway) into a mobile friendly format.
Update broke mountain weather page
After installing the December2018 update, the mountain weather page no longer loads.
I don't mind this app but can you add some freaking padding to the text cause it gets cut off and it's really irritating to read.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.