This free app consolidates the avalanche, weather, road, and slope information you need for critical decision-making, including:
- Daily avalanche advisories for 7 regions around the state from the Utah Avalanche Center
- Daily field observations from a small army of volunteer observers as well as the UAC staff.
- Road conditions including avalanche closures, road travel restrictions, and canyon road webcams
- Critical mountain weather information including current conditions, forecasts, satellite loops, radar, and mountain weather cams
- Emergency contacts and your GPS location for a fast rescue response .
- A slope evaluation tool using your camera, containing your GPS location, steepness, aspect, elevation, time, and date
- Ability to photograph a slope watermarked with GPS location, steepness, aspect, elevation, time, and date and share that photo
- Forms to quickly share observations with the Utah Avalanche Center
- A list of contacts for more information
Updates for iOS 13
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Useful and adequate
It’s nothing special— just a skin of the website— but it is useful to have one-click access. The more readily available this information is and the easier it is to find and interpret, the safer we all are.
Nice to have easy to view app for this info, but… If you don’t use the report submittal tool, its not much different from the website, which they could just make responsive, and skip the app. What would make this app shine is if they could restyle the raw weather and snow data (that so many backcountry users end up accessing anyway) into a mobile friendly format.
Things have come a long way in the past couple of years! Awesome app for anyone that likes to get outdoors in Utah. Even if you don't backcountry travel, the information regarding current conditions and links to various weather sources is awesome. More information makes you a more independent decision maker...so know before you go!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.