Gladys is a drag-and-drop shelf that holds things you want to set aside, such as links, text snippets, map locations, contacts, images, photos, emails, messages and much more (even if the application that the information came from is removed)
It works with any app that supports drag-and-drop, and helps keep you focused by letting you quickly set something aside, without having to consider where it needs to be dropped, or having to constantly switch between apps.
• Works with any app that supports drag-and-drop, but also provides an extension for apps that don't yet support it, as well as the ability to paste items to & from the clipboard.
• Quickly search for items inside the app or via Spotlight. Access your top items from the home screen / Today widget, your Apple Watch, and even iMessage.
• Annotate items with notes, custom titles, and tag items with labels that allow you to easily categorise, browse, and sort your collection.
• Take your collection with you on your iPhone, and keep it updated by turning on automatic iCloud syncing.
• Invite friends to keep items from your own collection in their own collections, and, if you give permission, even collaboratively annotate and edit them.
• Import/export/merge collection archives simply by dragging.
• Ideal for bookmarking between apps: For example you can quickly return to dropped email items by selecting 'Open' in their info view, quickly share links between different browsers, or use Siri shortcuts to copy often-used items to and from your clipboard.
• Experienced users can get details on dropped items and extract or modify specific data components (e.g. extract the URL of an image link, instead of the whole item, add a new image, or edit the title).
• Power users can use Gladys' data mirroring to view/edit items in-place from other apps, as well as exporting all items in a ZIP file for sharing.
• Technical users can inspect binary data using the in-built hex viewer, download items pointed to by web links, and even archive web pages.
• Contains no analytics, ratings prompts, or noise.
Corrects an issue that could cause data components to be listed multiple times
Ratings and Reviews
For someone that feels like Dory from Finding Nemo most days, Gladys is an indispensable part of my memory. Found something cool? It’s in Gladys. Saved that favorite gif? Gladys. Need a helper to truly multitask on phone or iPad? Gladys. Need to get something from one device to another but don’t trust Universal Copy? Gladys.
I’ve tried all of the shelf apps, Gladys has been on my Home Screen and Share Sheet for a long time due to its consistent reliability, many apps don’t get my share or paste, Gladys always catches.
I’ll be sad when this dev retires, but I’m grateful everyday that they made and released Gladys.
Smooth, intuitive, extremely useful, and with a touch of nerdiness and personality to boot. I do wonder if the app has been abandoned... we're at nine months since the last update and there's still no automatic dark/light mode switching, which is pretty basic functionality at this point. Still stellar tho.
Update: Dev just addressed every last concern, including some new, long-awaited functionality on the macOS version. Made a great app better.
Developer Response ,
Hi, these are all excellent points, and thank you for your kind comments as well!
To answer your questions, Gladys is very much active, but has moved to a slower release cycle. However, the Gladys beta Testflight channel has been very busy indeed this past year, resulting in v1.3.0 just being released on the iOS and Mac App Stores, which of course includes the (admittedly much-delayed) proper dark mode support.
Future updates will not take as long to reach the App Store, but for those who prefer to stay on the cutting edge of the latest Gladys features with fast incremental updates, everyone is more than welcome to join the Gladys beta Testflight here: http://www.bru.build/gladys-beta-for-ios
the ipad app I’ve been looking for
I never, ever write reviews, but this app has pretty much eliminated my need for a laptop at work. I use my ipad for work and personal stuff. At work having it plus a laptop is clunky and redundant but I use functionality that Chrome for desktop provides. Now that I’ve found Gladys I can stop using the Macbook (at least for meetings) and rely solely on my ipad. This app offers so many features I’m kind of blown away. Thank you!!!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Pavlos Tsochantaris
- 92.8 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © (c) 2017-2023 Paul Tsochantaris
- In-App Purchases
- Smile Tip $0.99
- Hug Tip $4.99
- Blush Tip $1.99
- Gasp Tip $9.99
- Scream Tip $19.99