Global Mapper Mobile
All the maps you need, in the palm of your hand.
Global Mapper Mobile is a powerful iPhone and iPad application for viewing and collecting GIS data. It utilizes the GPS capabilities of mobile devices to provide situational awareness and location intelligence for remote mapping projects.
A perfect complement to the desktop version of Global Mapper, the Mobile edition can display vector, raster, and elevation data layers that have been transferred from the desktop version of the software. It also provides tools for drawing, tracking, and form-based data collection using pre-configured attributes and picklists.
In addition to what’s new (listed above), the base version of Global Mapper Mobile is free of charge and provides an array of features and functions, including:
• Expanded built-in supported vector styles and custom symbols
• Terrain layer support offers hill shading, terrain shader display as Atlas shader, and the ability to view elevation at a specific location.
• Improved layer transparency setting with a color picker and support for Dark ModGPS-based field data collection
• Digitizing or drawing tools
• Feature attribute management
• Simple and efficient data deployment and return
• Self-contained map storage and display - No data connection is required
• Picture point creation from geotagged photos
• Online access to OpenStreetMap Data
Global Mapper Mobile Pro
Developed with today's mapping professionals in mind, the Pro version of Global Mapper Mobile supplements the functionality of the base version with an array of professional-grade tools, including. On top of the new features for v2.3
• Advanced GPS support to connect to external high accuracy Bluetooth GPS devices from vendors such as Bad Elf and EOS, among others
• Terrain shader selection/change within the app
• Enable water level display on terrain data
• Extensive preconfigured and customizable online data services
• The option to save this streamed data for offline use
• Support for GeoPackage and GeoPDF files
• Advanced projection support
• Support for external GPS receivers
• GPS averaging
• Display of distance and bearing to a location
• Terrain shader options
Global Mapper Mobile Pro is available as an in-app purchase. The license is based on an annual subscription from the date of purchase that can be renewed each year. Enterprise licensing options are also available. For more information, email email@example.com.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What’s New - Version 2.3
• Saving multiple pictures to a feature - Take and save multiple pictures associated with a given feature.
• Record Voice Memos - When creating a feature, a voice memo can be recorded and associated with the feature.
• Autosave - An automatic backup file is created every five minutes when changes are made to an active GMMP.
Advanced Features (Pro Module Only)
• Advanced GPS now supports TCP/IP Communication - Connect to any GNSS device which supports communication over TCP/IP.
• Volume Calculation - Users now have the ability to calculate volume, from a preloaded area feature or from an area feature created in the field.
• View Shed - Calculate a view shed from point features recorded in the field.
• Native support for UTM and SPCS projection - Newly added native support for UTM and SPCS-based projections
Ratings and Reviews
Great Global Mapper tool
This is a free add-on for Global Mapper GIS desktop. As a first mobile app for GM it's not bad. It is a good field tool for dropping points, making notes, taking pics. You can also create gps logs and other geometry data. It's set up in an intuitive way so it's easy to use. I like that I can use it with Global Mapper desktop at no additional cost. If you haven't tried Global Mapper then you should and use this app with it.
The desktop version is very good but this free iphone app is very bad I don’t know how they developed this kind of disappointing app there is no satellite image just in pro version when we can find many similar app who have satellite image for free
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the kind words about Global Mapper desktop. We think it is a great product too. We are sorry that the mobile app does not meet your needs. We will be adding many more powerful features as time goes on, and we hope that you will continue to check out future versions. As with the desktop application, customer requests and suggestions play a very important role in our development planning. We would greatly value your input as to what other online sources you would like to see in the free version, as well as other features you would find useful. We invite you to contact support with your suggestions. firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Blue Marble Geographics
- 115.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2022 Blue Marble Geographics
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Module $49.99