Global Mapper Mobile
All the maps you need, in the palm of your hand.
Global Mapper Mobile is a powerful iPhone and iPad application for viewing and collecting GIS data. It utilizes the GPS capabilities of mobile devices to provide situational awareness and location intelligence for remote mapping projects.
A perfect complement to the desktop version of Global Mapper, the Mobile edition can display vector, raster, and elevation data layers that have been transferred from the desktop version of the software. It also provides tools for drawing, tracking, and form-based data collection using pre-configured attributes and picklists.
The base version of Global Mapper Mobile is free of charge and provides an array of features and functions including:
• Expanded built-in supported vector styles and custom symbols - NEW in v.2.1
• Terrain layer support offering hill shading, terrain shader display as Atlas shader, and the ability to view elevation at a specific location - NEW in v.2.1
• Improved layer transparency setting with a color picker and support for Dark Mode - NEW in v.2.1
• Field access to all GIS data
• GPS-based field data collection
• Digitizing or drawing tools
• Feature attribute management
• Simple and efficient data deployment and return
• Self-contained map storage and display - No data connection required
• Picture point creation from geotagged photos
• Online access to OpenStreetMap Data
Global Mapper Mobile Pro
Developed with today's mapping professionals in mind, the Pro version of Global Mapper Mobile supplements the functionality of the base version with an array of professional-grade tools including:
• Advanced GPS support to connect to external high accuracy Bluetooth GPS devices from vendors such as Bad Elf and EOS, among others. - NEW in v.2.1
• Terrain shader selection/change within the app - NEW in v.2.1
• Enable water level display on terrain data - NEW in v.2.1
• Extensive preconfigured and customizable online data services
• The option to save this streamed data for offline use
• Support for GeoPackage and GeoPDF files
• Advanced projection support
• Support for external GPS receivers
• GPS averaging
• Display of distance and bearing to a location
• Terrain shader options
Global Mapper Mobile Pro is available as an in-app purchase. The license is based on an annual subscription from the date of purchase that can be renewed each year. Enterprise licensing options are also available. For more information, email email@example.com.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Advanced GPS (Pro Module only)
- Connect to external high accuracy Bluetooth GPS devices from vendors such as Bad Elf, EOS, and others
- Satellite Information view
- Detailed Location/Fix Information view
- NMEA Stream view and logging
- Terrain shader selection/change within the app (Pro Module only)
- Hill shading
- Water level display (Pro Module only)
- Display elevation at crosshair location
- Extended styling support
- Custom point symbols
- Style preview thumbnails
Raster layer transparency setting
Improved background color picker
Improved appearance in Dark Mode
Miscellaneous fixes and enhancements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great Global Mapper tool
This is a free add-on for Global Mapper GIS desktop. As a first mobile app for GM it's not bad. It is a good field tool for dropping points, making notes, taking pics. You can also create gps logs and other geometry data. It's set up in an intuitive way so it's easy to use. I like that I can use it with Global Mapper desktop at no additional cost. If you haven't tried Global Mapper then you should and use this app with it.
The desktop version is very good but this free iphone app is very bad I don’t know how they developed this kind of disappointing app there is no satellite image just in pro version when we can find many similar app who have satellite image for free
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the kind words about Global Mapper desktop. We think it is a great product too. We are sorry that the mobile app does not meet your needs. We will be adding many more powerful features as time goes on, and we hope that you will continue to check out future versions. As with the desktop application, customer requests and suggestions play a very important role in our development planning. We would greatly value your input as to what other online sources you would like to see in the free version, as well as other features you would find useful. We invite you to contact support with your suggestions. firstname.lastname@example.org
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Blue Marble Geographics
- 108 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 Blue Marble Geographics
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Module $49.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.