The most powerful and versatile tool for viewing and editing custom maps, surveying, editing or managing mass of your geography data.
● You can use Map Plus as a professional GIS tool for geographic data gathering, editing, measuring, cartography, surveying, planning, online/offline viewing and many other management.
● You can also use Map Plus to help your outdoor activities and global travels, for trip planning, offline map downloading, track/photo/video recording, and sharing memories with friends.
Besides common map features such as locating, searching, Map Plus provides many more special:
● Configuring, viewing and downloading any online maps of XYZ/WMS/WMTS patterns, or using scripts to configure more complex ones.
● Handling GIS vector file formats, such as Shape(SHP), TAB, GEOJSON, GML/GZ, AutoCAD DXF...
● Handling Common GIS file formats such as KML, KMZ, GPX, CSV, WPT.. Supported styles in KML/KMZ.
● Handling offline map file formats such as MBTiles, RMaps...
● On-map vector editing with finger drag-drop and magnetic snap.
● GPS Track Recording with auto-recovery and background mode support.
● Path Following with voice guidance for both user paths and searched direction routes.
● Displaying locations of photos and videos in your system photo albums. (no need to import)
● User data management with folders, sub-folders, layers, bulk operations, shortcuts, tags and fuzzy searches. Supports Advanced Search by using expressions with attribute conditions.
● Using Feature Class for bulk editing and managing similar (same class of) features and layers all together. Supports bulk Attributes Merge and Link Relationship Building between features of different classes.
● Conditional Style and Expression provide dynamic content rendering.
● Customizable pop-up panel for on-map picking items with HTML, JS and CSS support to make custom forms, layout and rich-formatted content.
● Handling coordinates in MGRS, UTM, and Plus Code.
● Photo Markup allows you draw markups on photo, such as arrows, texts, free-hand drawings.
● Browser Access allows you to access app's data or files from a desktop PC/Mac with a web browser wirelessly.
● Sharing or transferring data via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, iCloud, SMS, Email, QR codes, Open-In, AirDrop or many other ways.
● Many more fantastic and free functions could not be fully descriped here, such as Guide Mark, Arrival Notification, Photo Mode, Map Level Adjust, Custom Icons, Photo/Video Attachments, Image Overlay, Text Overlay, Fast Editing, Distance/Perimeter/Area Measuring, Custom Time Zone, etc.
- Fixes GIS Layer rendering issues.
Ratings and Reviews
Clean and Powerful
I am just starting to navigate my way around all the tools within the app. As a Google Maps user is was difficult to figure out the layering and editing tools in Maps Plus. The OIS based map is so much cleaner than the Google Maps which has all the commercial clutter visible. Maps Plus (full feature) just has so many custom editing tools that allow me to add much information in a visually pleasing way. The record option is my favorite for creating a directional map that is not the standard Point A address to Point B address. I can now just record my travel thru commercial areas, parking lots, shortcuts etc. I haven’t found a way to keep the app in Edit Mode. I have to toggle back on after each “saved” edit. A little annoying.
The biggest draw back is the lack of a tutorial on how to create simple layers that have different features visible on demand. Everything seems to be in a folder system that is a little cumbersome. It would be great to have an option to have all folders open and be able to drag edits to desired folder and be able to one click on visibility of everything in that folder. I’ve been looking for a mapping tool like this for years. GREAT APP!!
I’m not the typical user and STILL find the app awesome.
Before running out to a store to buy an “old” paper map to draw on and mark-up, I figured I’d check in the AppStore to see what kinds of maps were available to be marked up with unlimited “pins” and locations. After downloading a few apps and quickly becoming disappointed with them, and thus deleting them from my phone, I was leaning towards going with the “old” paper map purchase.
I came across this app and wasn’t expecting much for what I wanted to use it for, which was the placing of unlimited travel destination “pins” all over the world, I downloaded it because it was free.
I quickly came to the realization of how powerful this app is and decided to purchase the full-featured app, justifying the cost as being similar for the paper map idea I had.
I have no clue of what most of the tools do, but for my purposes, this is absolutely perfect.
Thank you for this open-ended map!!
I use this app principally to view georeferenced maps while out mapping in the field and can easily overlay Topo and geo maps, and while using my built in GPS unit on my IPad can precisely locate myself. Overall a great map for dropping pin locations and attach photos such that they are GPS referenced. However, my only complaint is the line drawing functionality. If developers could add a line drawing function that is more organic, such as using your finger to draw the line, that’d be a great add. If better line drawing functionality would be incorporated, it would make it such a great mapping app. As it stands, it is a great tool if you have referenced maps to use in the field or trying to plan transects without lugging around numerous paper maps.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Miocool Inc.
- 40.9 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2015-2019, Duwei Technology Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Full-Function Package $19.99
- Enhanced Map $0.99
- Remove Advertisements $3.99
- Enhanced Format $2.99
- Enhanced Editing $5.99
- Enhanced GIS $4.99
- Donate $1.99
- Large File Support $0.99
- Enhanced Photo $8.99
- Export GPX Support $2.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.