Golf GPS is a simple app. It tells distance to bunkers, water hazards, and pins. Many similar apps requires subscription (hopefully no additional cost) , or you need to build your own map ahead of time. While struggling with my terrible iron shot, I got an idea. When you play golf, you see red, white, blue yardage represents 100, 150 and 200 yards respectively from the pin. The idea was why don’t I reverse it on my iPhone screen.
It draws a map around you, and put blue pin where you are. And draw red, white, blue circle around you. Since I can add circle easily, I add three more: 50, 250 & 300 yard. For those who are familiar with meter, I add an option for you.
Those circle should be enough for most player while the app allows you to drop yardage wherever you want. Drop and drag it to a point you want, and it will tell exact distance from your location. Those yardages will be stored internally and will be displayed again until you delete it.
*** You need internet connection to use this app ***
- It works any courses as long as you have internet connection
- Distance circles around your current location: 50, 100, 150, 200, 250, 300
- Support both yard and meter
- 10-yard(meter) circles when you zoom in
- Drop yardages wherever you want to know exact distance
- Relocate yardages by drag & drop
- App saves yardages for later play
- Compass view (rotate map) to match the direction you are facing; easy to find green
- Yardages in 3 different sizes
- Support background mode for quick restart
- More yardage circles when zoom closely for accuracy
- Drop a marker (shot from) where you hit and calculate distance from it
- Purchase option to remove ads and enable Marker History View, which allows you to review your mark (short from) history after a game
minor bug fix
Ratings and Reviews
I truly enjoy this app. I can see the hole for the first time and get good distances to the hole. I hope this app will have an Apple Watch 1 iteration. Is it possible to link the watch and phone so I can check distances on my watch? Thank you for this golf app.
Love the app! The easiest to use I've seen. I'm not into micromanaging my golf this is just a perfect tool for for distances to anywhere on the greens or hazards. Excellent for golfing at new courses, awesome situation awareness when planning on course tactics.
Great Simple App
Played today and this helped me shoot a 2 under 34 on a tight windy course in Texas. Thanks again for creating this little beauty. Steve
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.