Easily and quickly identify and locate stars, planets, constellations, galaxies and more by simply pointing to the sky. Your personal telescope to the wonders in the night sky. Go outside and explore the night sky.
***** As seen in Apple's iPad 2 event
***** Featured on ABC's "The View" show
***** Featured in "Wired" magazine
--- What People Are Saying
"Powerful and easy to use, with excellent animation and the widest zoom range." — D.Schroeder, University professor
"GoSkyWatch Planetarium should not be missed regardless of whether you are a casual or hard-core fan of astronomy." — AppAdvice
"I have more than 10 astronomy apps on my iPhone and this is by far the best. Everything I need and easy to use." — Pat, iTunes reviewer
--- What makes GoSkyWatch different to other astronomy apps?
• Easy to use — No buttons to press or modes to select, just point to the sky to start exploring.
• Designed specifically for efficient outdoor use.
• Touch free identification — No need to keep touching the screen to identify what you see in the sky. Great for those cold nights with gloves on!
• Don't need to hold level — Displays the sky view and information at the correct orientation when held at any angle not just landscape or portrait.
• Gyroscope compass auto calibration — No need to calibrate the gyroscope. Advanced adaptive algorithms for smooth and accurate positioning.
• Unique target identification — Touch drag scheme for greatest accuracy and speed since your finger doesn't actually cover what you are trying to identify.
• Planets shown with relative brightness to stars — No oversized graphics that prevent you from distingishing a planet from surrounding stars.
• Full 180 degree display — See at a glance what is in the sky and where without having to pan around.
• Minimal on screen text — Stars and planets easier to identify since they are not covered by text.
• Popup images — No need to keep zooming in and out just to see what is out there.
• Heads up object name, brightness and distance
• Contains all stars visible to the naked eye
• Magnitude adjustment for viewing conditions
• Touchless navigation even for the iPod touch without a compass.
• Looking for a planet, star, constellation or galaxy? Just use the finder and let the arrow guide the way
• Search stars and DSOs sorted by name, distance or magnitude.
• Moon phase calendar
• Sun rise/set times
• Day, sidereal and time lapse animation
• Over 200 images of planets and deep sky objects
• Messier and Caldwell catalogs with images
• Actual image taken of the Milky Way
• Below horizon display
• Look back in time with the birthday star search. Find out how old you were for the star light seen.
• Constellation images, boundaries and patterns
• Solar system, star, DSO, constellation Wikipedia
• Ian Ridpath's constellation StarTales
• Interactive graphical ephemeris
• Planet, star, constellation and DSO ephemeris data
• High performance graphics
• Easy setup using auto location or built in city list
• Location favorites
* No internet connection required. Internet optionally used for auto location, viewing Wikipedia information and StarTales.
Free International Space Station real time tracking and viewing opportunities available with the companion GoISSWatch app. We don't charge in-app purchases for that!
This free version contains banner ads. The full paid version with added features does not contain banner ads.
- Added tap compass button to toggle motion control
- Updated icons
- Fix to manual location coordinate entry
- iOS Updates
Ratings and Reviews
Star light star bright
The first star I see tonite. With this app/program you have the whole infinite universe to gaze.....amazing program. The things that we can see...and have defined...for centuries humans have looked deep into the dark twinkles of the great unknown ...love thus app...the universe just got a little closer..really enjoy it thanks
I used this so many times driving around the country and being able to find the stars as seasons changed.
Using one night with my grandchildren made them star watchers.
I live in the city and don’t get to see the star at night with all the light contamination, but with this app, me and my daughter we get to travel the Milky Way.
The app is simple fun and great for the more demanding skywatcher or just the newer ones.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- GoSoftWorks Development Co.
- 100.2 MB
- Requires iPadOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 GoSoftWorks Development Co.