View GPS eXchange format (GPX) files on your Mac.
GPX Viewer can view GPX files exported from many GPS devices and other apps such as our Road Trip Planner app.
Note: with this app you can edit GPX files, but you can’t save your edits. To edit and save GPX files please use our GPX Editor app available from the Mac App Store.
- Open and edit multiple GPX files.
- View with Apple Maps, Google or Open Street Maps.
- View and edit waypoints, routes, tracks, track points, and file info.
- View track charts of elevation, distance, and speed.
- Copy waypoints, routes, tracks and file info to the clipboard in text format.
- Copy & paste waypoints, routes, and tracks from one file to another.
- Show or hide waypoints and track points.
- Drag waypoints and track points to a new location on the map.
- Add new waypoints, tracks and track points.
- Get current weather for a waypoint or track point.
- Download elevation for any waypoint or track point.
- Take a screen shot of the map for printing or reference.
- Drag and drop track points to rearrange their ordering (within the track point list).
- Preferences let you change pin, route and track colors and more.
- Flickr search for photos and videos at any waypoint or track point location.
- Delete waypoints, routes and track points to refine your GPX file.
- Delete multiple track points easily.
- Combine track segments.
- Combine tracks.
- Convert track points into waypoints.
- Merge track points.
- Delete track segments.
- And more!
Note that GPX extensions are ignored.
We also have an iOS version of the GPX Viewer with a similar name.
- Improved file reading method now opens a GPX file with any text encryption.
- Replaced OpenWeather with Windy.
- Added the ability to add multiple custom map tiles, including overlays.
- New function under the GPX menu: optimize track points. This can greatly increase the speed of the app as well as decrease file size.
- Multiple other bug fixes and app enhancements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
THIS IS NOT THE DROID YOUR LOOKING FOR
This really should be the free version of the app because it doesn’t really do what you want. It doesn’t let you save the edits. If you buy this one you then have to spend another $6 to get the actual app you want. You cannot use this app to plan your routes even though that’s what the description implies.
They are obviously aware of this issue because the moment you launch the app there is a bold face type message that states:
"Warning! You cannot save your edits with GPX-Viewer. To save your edits, please use GPX-Editor.“
The description of the app implies that this is a full featured app, but if you cannot save your work then how much value is there? How difficult would it have been to put the warning text in the description of the app? I really don’t appreciate this sort of subterfuge with app developers.
Developer Response ,
The 3rd sentence of the app description at the Mac App Store states "Note: you can edit GPX files, but you can’t save your edits. To edit and save GPX files please use our GPX Editor app available from the Mac App Store." It's unfortunate that some people do not read the app description prior to purchasing the app and prefer to complain via an app review, but what can you do? BTW, this is not a route planning app; this app is for viewing GPX files.
Don't Hesitate To Ask A Question
The developer of this app is extremely responsive. I used a small feature that he had to remove for a previous release, but a short email conversation with him is all it took to add in another way for me to solve my problem and he released it right away. Very responsive, very helpful!
The app itself is great. I looked around for quite a while to find something that would let me plot out my daily movement as collected in a GPX file. I wanted something that just showed my complete track, zoomed in as much as possible to cover it. This app does exactly what I need and does it very well.
I’m trying to view a GPX file created in the MotionX IOS app. I know there are track points because I can see them in other viewers. GPX Viewer shows the track just fine, but I can’t see ANY track points, waypoints - anything except the map view of the track.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.