IMPORTANT NOTE: Only download this app if you or a member of your family are a current member of the GrandPad service.
GrandPad allows you to communicate with your family in a simple, safe and fun way! With this app, you can send photos, video call, and share with everyone in your family.
A companion application to the GrandPad tablet. Keep grandma and grandpa in the social media and communication loop by means of video calling, emailing, and sharing photos/videos. Also, see instant updates from those in your family circle.
- See photos & videos posted by contacts in your trusted friends & family circle.
- Share memories by posting photos & videos for those in your GrandPad contacts to see.
- Contribute to the conversation by commenting back and forth with friends and family on shared posts. Even listen to voice comments left by your loved ones.
- Link your social media accounts, allowing them to post to GrandPad whenever you share new photos & videos.
- Call, text, email, and make video calls with those in your always up-to-date GrandPad contact list.
- See what the weather’s like where your friends and family live.
- Invite new contacts to the family circle using their phone number and/or email address from your device’s contact book.
- Keep your profile and contact information up-to-date & stay connected with your closed friends & family circle. Add multiple phone numbers & email addresses to your profile to ensure your loved one knows it’s you when you are trying to contact them.
- Get in touch with our member experience team for any questions you have about GrandPad.
- Get notified for new posts, comments, video calls, and updates from GrandPad.
We are always striving to improve our app so that you can stay connected to your loved ones!
-- Various bug fixes, performance, and usability enhancements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Embraced by a technophobe nonagenarian
Over the years we tried to get my mom, now 92, to use various electronics like a laptop or iPad with disastrous results. She’s smart and an avid reader but is practically a Luddite. She barely uses the cell phone. I got her the GrandPad a couple of years ago when I read about its features and design—maybe this will work? It’s been a huge hit with her. Best part: she took ownership of it, figuring out how to use features on her own. I got it in large part because she is extremely hard of hearing and the feature allowing for typing what you are saying so she can read it in real time was a godsend. It turns out, though, that she also loves features that I didn’t think were a big deal, like the weather app and the online encyclopedia—she uses both every day. It’s very secure and the user can only have access to websites the administrator (in this case, me) authorizes. I added CNN and NPR at her request. She also figured out how to take photos and videos with it, which she posts on it for the rest of us to see and comment on; we can also post pics and videos. It’s been especially nice to have during the pandemic—it’s helped a lot with keeping her connected to her family. I highly recommend it; it’s worth trying even if your family member typically struggles with electronics.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a positive review. It is so heartwarming to read how much your mom is enjoying using her GrandPad to stay connected with her loved ones. All the Best, The GrandPad Team
Great to keep in touch
My mom is 87 and has no experience with technology. I was concerned about her during and not being able to have visitors. It has been the best thing. She is hard of hearing and can hear better on this app instead of the phone.
The only thing I would suggest is to contact customer service before purchasing so they can check the signal. The device I got was preloaded with T-mobile and there was no signal where my mom lives. I called customer service and they found ATT had a very strong signal so they sent a new SIM card and it has worked great. She ended up in the hospital a week after she got this and it has been great to check on her and be able to see her. We also love being able to send her pictures. She enjoys the games and articles as well.
And the customer service reps are amazing!
Family Connecting at its Best
I bought the Grandpad for my mom as a way to help her feel less isolated during this awful pandemic. She is a woman who has never owned a computer or knows how to work one. But the Grandpad is so user friendly that she quickly came to love viewing all the photos and videos that I and my siblings have posted and continue to post. She stays updated about her children, her grandchildren and her great grandchildren. She also uses it as a phone and likes to video chat with it which enables her to see her loves of her life. Although, she doesn’t use all the features that the Grandpad has to offer, she seems very satisfied with it. My siblings and I enjoy it immensely as well as it keeps us all in touch as to what is happening in each other’s lives.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for taking the time to share this wonderful review. We are so happy to hear that the GrandPad is helping your family to stay more connected. All the Best, The GrandPad Team
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- GrandPad Inc.
- 84.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
English, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2021 GrandPad Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.