Granta is one of the world's most respected literary magazines, acclaimed for the quality of its writing and for its mix of established and emerging authors.
Published quarterly in book form Granta is respected around the world for its eclectic combination of journalism, fiction, poetry, memoir and photography.
Alongside exclusive free weekly content, readers can access each new issue of Granta on the day of publication, as well as over one thousand pieces of writing and photography from previous Granta magazines over the last thirty years by purchasing an annual subscription.
Annual subscriptions can be purchased and these subscriptions will auto-renew until you choose to cancel.
- The price of the annual subscription is £23.99
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period
- Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period
- You can manage your subscription and switch off the auto-renewal by accessing your Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
Our archive contains work by writers like Margaret Atwood, Ann Beattie, Roberto Bolaño, Anne Carson, Raymond Carver, Lydia Davis, Don DeLillo, Bret Easton Ellis, Nadine Gordimer, Kazuo Ishiguro, Alice Munro, Haruki Murakami, Salman Rushdie, Paul Theroux, Binyavanga Wainaina, Jeanette Winterson and many more.
‘In its blend of memoirs and photojournalism, and in its championing of contemporary realist fiction, Granta has its face pressed firmly against the window, determined to witness the world.’ – The Observer
IOS11.3 fixes and catalogue issue
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Does not work on iPad with iOS 11.3 - UPDATE
I was able to use the Granta app on my iPad mini until I updated to the latest iOS 11.3. After updating the app freezes when I access the Weekly and when I access the magazine the pages do not display, only the table of contents. I wish Granta would update the app to work with iOS 11.3.
*** UPDATE, 24 May *** Since my review, Granta has released 2 updates. With the latest version 1.0.13 installed the app appears to be working again on my iPad mini. — Thank you Granta!
Seems to me, this app is only half done. It presents The Weekly content as one undifferentiated pile, with the only navigation being next/previous (swipe left/right). No indication of Fiction or Nonfiction. Can I please mark things as read, then hide, so I don’t have to flip through? And, no option menu to select font size, a common feature in a world with multiple screen sizes. Please keep trying, Granta! A good digital option is for me a major lure to subscribe.
A breathtaking contempt for the user
Granta has always been one of my favorite publications. However I found the app totally unusable. Not only is it unusable, but Granta refuses to provide any support; emails to support are not answered. This is totally unacceptable. I strongly suspect the app does not work with recent incarnations of iOS 11. If you are considering buying this application don’t do it. It is a waste of money and will be frustrating.
I have rarely seen such indifference from a developer. Maybe it is another example of hostility some in the literary class hold towards technology. It’s too bad.
- Granta Publications Mobile
- 13.8 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Granta
- In-App Purchases
- Granta Digital Subscription $31.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.