Grocery is the smartest and fastest grocery shopping app. Keep your list sorted while you shop with your Apple Watch. Easily add items from Siri and Recipes.
** App Store App of the Day - October 16th 2019**
** MacStories Must-Have iOS Apps - 2018 **
"Extra navigational steps, like remembering where you are in a list or backtracking through a store because of the order on paper, can really push a person over the edge if going to the store is their current 'Impossible Task'. They might opt for leaving with only half of their items, or just not go at all…which can project this task into the future, always a little unfinished or uncertain. Grocery reduces steps needed in the moment, and provides that little bit of joy every time an item is checked off the list in the UI. Knowing that I just made the future better, by going to the store and checking things off the list and improving the sorting algorithm! This is actually a huge relief: reduced doomsday feelings because I know that future store runs are going to be even easier/better because of what I did today (yay positive agency)!" - Amelia W.
- Key Features -
• Share your lists with partners and add items to your list on iCloud!
• Grocery keeps your list in Reminders so sharing a list is as simple as sharing your calendar.
• Checking items off your list on Apple Watch is lightning fast.
• Create Recipes in Grocery for quickly adding ingredients to your shopping list, and a cooking experience optimized for mobile.
• Always know what items are in your pantry and when they expire with Inventory Tracking!
- Reminders -
• Add items to your list on Mac or iCloud Reminder's apps
• Share your list by sharing a Reminder's list with others
- Siri -
• Tell Siri: "Add Eggs to my Grocery list"
• Create Siri Shortcuts to quickly add groups of items
- Lightning Fast -
• Custom auto-complete with your list items and notes
- Sorting -
• Grocery learns every time you shop
• Keeps track of the order you mark off items to sort your list next time
- Multiple Stores -
• Add a Store for every place that you shop
• Associate lists with stores based on how you want to shop at multiple locations
• Assign geofences that change the selected store wherever you go
- Recipes -
• Recipe files are stored in iCloud Drive and sync between all your devices
• Innovative Markdown Recipe format optimized for cooking on mobile phones
• Automatically detects timers in recipe steps
- CleanUp -
• “12 oz of Chocolate Chips” becomes “Chocolate Chips: 12 oz”
• Detect multiple or duplicated items
- CoreML -
• CleanUp can use a custom CoreML model to recognize item titles and notes
- Backup & Data -
• Your list is always stored in Reminders for easy backup or access outside of Grocery
• Grocery will never modify your other Reminders lists
- Quick Add -
• Quick Add uses your shopping history to suggest items you frequently shop for.
• It's great for adding frequently shopped for items to your grocery list.
- iPad -
• Grocery supports split view for Recipes, so cooking on your iPad works better than ever
• iCloud syncing makes creating a shopping list on your iPad super easy
• Households share your stores, shopping history, planned recipes, pantry status, and all premium features with family members!
• Keep track of all the items in your pantry
• Automatic expiration and replenishment settings
Grocery Premium is charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Your Account will be charged the same price for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the subscription’s one-year period. Your subscription renews automatically unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You can manage your subscriptions or cancel auto-renewal at any time on your Account Settings in the App Store.
** Widgets! This update includes support for new iOS 14 widgets on iPhone and iPad, and further optimizations for three column layout on iPadOS 14. **
- Grocery list widget for showing a specific store
- Overview of all stores
- Overview of the current meal plan
- Cooking widget that shows the status of current recipes, including current timers and upcoming steps
- Three column layout
- Improved context menu support for buttons and actions
- Scribble to add items to the grocery list from the text field at the bottom of the screen
- Several interactions with inventory and history should feel faster
- Fixed a crash that may have affected a few users
- Fixed an issue with ingredients not being added to the list
- Fixed an issue blocking the bottom recipe from being tapped on
Thank you for using Grocery! If you enjoy the app, please tell a friend or leave a review.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This app is fantastic at what it does and I especially appreciate that it uses Reminders as the back-end data store. This makes sharing easy. Many of the reviews here which are complaining about items, lists, and stores are from not learning how to use the app. For me, what works is I have a Grocery list and a Hardware Store list. The Grocery list has two stores (the two nearest locations of H-E-B are what I use). When I shop, I select the store in the app that corresponds to the store location I’m at and voila! The grocery items are sorted in the order I typically go through the store. Obviously, this works best when you tend to go through a store location the same way each time. Likewise, my hardware store list has a Blue store and and Orange store each corresponding to the hardware store chains bearing the respective titular colors.
Disappointed the app forces all of your lists at all stores to be the same unless you enable the app to use your reminders to set up different lists. So your list at the hardware store will have all of your groceries on it too...not much of a time saver if you have to scroll through all of your food items to see what you need for tools. For an app that claims to save you time, this is a serious limitation and a duplication of efforts (in other words, you could simply use your reminders as a shopping list in the first place without having to purchase an extra app that is going to force you to take the extra step of setting up lists in your reminders anyway). Reminders also lets you check them off and you don’t need to set them up twice. Rather disappointed that a shopping app does not enable you to edit the lists in the app per store without an extra (outside) step. Any shopper knows that “Carrots” and “carrots” are NOT the same thing because some stores will charge triple and you want your common grocery items to be on the list for the store that will be the most cost effective for your family.
Having problems now
I was an early adopter and tipped the developers early on. I loved the Apple Watch syncing and the easy single list approach. I happily paid the annual fee to keep the dream alive. But I think since iOS 13 I t’s become the iTunes of grocery lists. It’s bloated and trying to be both a cookbook and a list. Go back to basics and make a list that works for multiple stores and stop. Right now it’s far to busy, will not sync after several restarts and reinstalls. Please organize the app for regular people and not just computer scientists.
Edit: Almost all of my issues were resolved in May 2020 update. Thanks! It still needs to be simpler. Make separate lists for separate stores easier to set up. Grocery lists have been doing this for awhile. Come on almost there.
Edit 2.0:The app is now where it’s supposed to be! I can separate lists easily. Not sure if average users like to poke around settings but I do. Congrats!
- Conrad Stoll
- 44.5 MB
Requires iOS 13.0 and watchOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2017 Conrad Stoll
- In-App Purchases
- Grocery Premium $9.99
- Grocery Premium - Monthly $3.99
- Grocery Premium - Forever $29.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.