Sight reading skills will give you access to written music and get you familiar with any style of music. Sight reading is not difficult and with enough practice everybody can develop it.
This app helps you to instantly find the notes on every part of the fretboard with a special focus on position playing.
With improved sight reading skills you will find it easier to concentrate on other aspects of music such as harmony, rhythm etc.
PRACTICE & TEST MODE
- 4 different modes of use:
1. Locate note on fretboard based on note in staff.
2. Locate note on fretboard based on note name and pitch.
3. Find name of note on the staff (without fretboard)
4. Find name of note presented on fretboard.
- Automatic detection of problem notes.
KEY SIGNATURES & SCALES
- Key signature support, 1-6 sharps or 1-6 flats.
- Automatic choice of the enharmonic notes for each scale to avoid double sharps or double flats in the key signature.
- Scales: major, minor, melodic minor, harmonic minor, blues, pentatonic, and all modal scales.
FRETS, STRINGS & NOTE SELECTION
- Frets are grouped to restrict the number of notes to be practiced and tested.
- Predefined fret groups, e.g.: 0-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 0-12, 13-17 etc.
- Any custom fret group can be defined.
- The fret group is highlighted as an area on the fretboard.
- Progress of your sight reading skills is maintained per fret group.
- The longest streak record per fret group is saved as a measure for sight reading accuracy.
- Any subset of strings can be part of the highlighted area.
- Notes to be tested can be restricted to only naturals or only notes from a selected scale.
- Reading ahead is an important skill for good sight reading.
- Number of read ahead notes can be varied.
- More than 15 alternate guitar tunings e.g. drop D, NST (new standard tuning) and all fourths tuning.
- Support for left handed guitar.
- Option to have the fretboard shown in perspective (in landscape mode).
- Universal app (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch).
- Support for all screen sizes, including iPhone X, XR, XS, XS Max.
- No ads / in-app purchases.
- iOS 13 tested. Dark mode support.
Some dark mode fine-tuning.
Ratings and Reviews
Great updates! Very useful
I bought an earlier version and found it really was not useful...
But now, I dig it! I’m a jazz guitar player and this app is just what you need to gain some reading skills!
Keep up the good work!
This is a great help at both learning to sight read and also learning the fretboard. When I am away from the guitar this is my go to practice tool.
Love this APP! How about making one for ukulele?
Perfect for mastering guitar fretboard!!
Please make one just like this for ukulele!!!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.