Welcome to a brand new user interface, providing the best mobile reading experience yet. Quicker, smoother, & more intuitive, download now to try it out free for 30 days!
Guitar Techniques is the world's only all-technique guitar magazine, providing lessons in blues, rock, metal, country, classical, acoustic and more. Our teachers are some of the world's finest guitarists, our tab is clear and accurate and our lessons tailored to all abilities.
Guitar Techniques now features audio tracks with enhanced tab so you can read, listen, learn and play. Simply tap the play button at the start of the music and off you go.
Join thousands of others and download our free app now!
Once you’ve downloaded our app, you will need to take a free trial or purchase a single issue or subscription to access our in-depth content. We also publish specials and guides - browse our publications, read what interests you most, and get inspired.
Back issues, specials, and future issues are available for purchase within the app. Subscriptions are available on various monthly and annual terms, and auto-renew until you decide to cancel it. Check inside the app for current pricing.
*** Please Note: Our digital edition is not printable and does not include the covermount items or supplements you would find with the print edition ***
• The free trial offer is only available to new subscribers. If you have previously subscribed then payment will be taken immediately.
• You can cancel at any time during the free trial period and you will not be charged. Simply turn off auto-renew in your Apple account subscriptions page at least 24 hours before the auto-renew is due.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period.
• You will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the current subscription rate for that product.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase .
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. This does not affect your statutory rights.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.
The subscription will include the current issue if you don't already own it and subsequently published future issues for the duration of your subscription period.
We've improved the initial app loading time and squashed some bugs
Ratings and Reviews
Great app with interactive features, excellent resource!
Previously had left a less than favorable review when having problems with the app on my iPad, several emails from support helped identify a problem and I'm happy to say the app has been working flawlessly for several months with all features. Quality of the lessons and artists featured monthly make this my favorite learning tool & well worth the cost. *Tip* if you see the promotion to buy all back issues, do it! Tons of lessons to choose from, and as a classic rock, blues, and southern rock enthusiast with interests in other styles I can say everything is well represented here.
Guitar Techniques is the best guitar lesson magazine available IMO, and having it on my iPad and iPhone to take anywhere? Priceless!
The best no BS straight down to business Guitar Techniques
I’ve purchased all guitar mags and even though we all look at the ads most of them are beefed up ads with no real content. This mag is the best one out there I know of. Every issue is packed with loads of guitar riffs and techniques. I’d have to say this is the best guitar mag for any guitar player.
The BEST guitar magazine.
The best guitar magazine in the world, is made much more convenient and easier to read and access all audio and video files by this app. I just love it, and truly use it daily to learn, get inspired, and motivate myself to practice.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Future Publishing Ltd.
- 24.5 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Future Publishing Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- 1 Month Subscription $2.99
- 1 Year Subscription $35.99
- All Gtr Techniques back issues $69.99
- 3 Month Subscription $11.99
- August 2012 $3.99
- 6 Month Subscription $19.99
- September 2012 $3.99
- December 2011 $3.99
- November 2011 $3.99
- February 2012 $3.99