The Week makes sense of the week's news by curating the best of the U.S. and international media into a succinct, lively digest.
Created for busy people like you, The Week is packed with provocative, often surprising perspectives, providing you complete understanding and insight into the week's most vital stories. Intuitive and easy to navigate, this app has been designed to suit the way you'll read on your iPad or iPhone.
But don't take our word for it: download the app today, and see why over half a million readers rely on The Week to understand all they need to know about everything that matters.
Thank you for enjoying The Week on iPad and iPhone.
- Optimized for your device: Enjoy a seamless reading experience built for your device including iPhone X
- New issues are available every Friday
- Flexible formatting: Adjust night mode, text size and background color
- Text to speech: Listen to all of The Week articles on the go
- Bookmark better: Enjoy improved bookmarking functionality and organization
- Sharing returns: Share the text of your favorite The Week articles with friends and family
- Highlight text: Highlight content within articles to lookup words and paste and copy
- Search smart: Utilize search functionality powered by IBM’s Watson
- Upgraded user interface: Read with ease using our restored intuitive interface
- Stay up-to-date with our free Daily Briefing, including 10 things you need to know today
- Downloaded issues are available both online and offline
- Small file size, downloads in minutes on the average broadband connection
- Progressive downloading
You will have the following options for reading The Week:
Get The Week every week! Single issues and subscriptions are available.
- 12-month subscription (51 issues) - $89.99*
- Single issue - $4.99
*Note: Monthly subscription will be charged to your iTunes account upon confirmation of purchase and will automatically renew each month unless the auto-renew in your account settings is turned off 24 hours prior to the end of the current subscription period. You can manage your subscription preference in your account settings after purchase. For App Store subscription purchases, no cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period and any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
Feedback is always welcome. Please contact email@example.com with any issues or suggestions.
-Minor bug fixes, UI improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Fair and Balanced
These days, when our national administration rounds any news it doesn’t like as a “fake, “ it is refreshing to see a magazine publish excerpts from news articles from across the country taking into account all viewpoints. I may not agree with the editorial content of the National Review or the Wall Street Journal, but it’s at least nice to know what they’re saying and why.
The Week is my irreplaceable “go to” source to catch up on the weekly news.
Cannot open any issues
Tried to download the latest issue. App is very slow and takes several seconds to load content to opening screen. Buttons for latest issue are just pulsing gray bars for several seconds and then disappear entirely. Nothing to click on to download/read issue. Cleared all background apps and rebooted iPad. No change. Deleted and reinstalled app. No change. Tried to open last week’s issue, which the library says is downloaded. Same problem — buttons to read the issue disappear. There is no way to open any issues. There is a brief pop up black bar at bottom of screen which says “ Unexpectedly Error: Pricing information not available.”
Great Mag | Crapp app
I have always enjoyed the week’s overview coverage of the big news along with its promotion of smaller stories I don’t necessarily find from other sources.
This app, however, was never great, and now is barely functional. A few gripes that need to be addressed:
1. Do the basic stuff correctly - every week, there are three or four page turns that cause the app to freeze. Current workaround is to view the stuck pages in pdf mode.
2. Once I open an issue, if I close the app and come back later the app return to that page. I don’t want to start at the app home page if I’m in the middle of an issue.
- The Week Publications Inc.
- 125.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2019 THE WEEK Publications, Inc. All rights reserved. THE WEEK® is a registered trademark owned by Felix Dennis. THEWEEK.COM is a trademark owned by Felix Dennis.
- In-App Purchases
- 1 Month - The Week $9.99
- The Week Single Issue 564 $3.99
- The Week Single Issue 565 $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.