**Please note Halide is not free. We offer a 7-day free trial for annual memberships. Don't like subscriptions? You can also buy the app outright with a single in-app purchase.**
Halide is an App Store Editor's Choice, award-winning camera from the team behind Spectre, Apple's App of the Year of 2019. Its multitude of awards include iMore's "App of the Year 2020," Macworld's "Must Have Apps," The Verge's "Apps We Love," and The Sweet Setup's "Best Third-Party Camera App for iPhone."
Halide is the most powerful camera for iPhone with the most elegant, simple design — A pro camera for everyone.
This is a groundbreaking app for deliberate and thoughtful photography. With high-end tools, and a beautiful interface designed from scratch for the latest iPhones and inspired by the controls of professional cameras, Halide is your go-to camera when you want to really take a photo rather than a quick snapshot.
Use gestures in Halide to change exposure and manual focus with a swipe, or switch from its powerful automatic mode to manual shooting. Halide’s professional tools are the most powerful in the App Store, with XDR (Extended Dynamic Range) 14-bit RAW streaming waveform views, color zebras, focus assists like focus peaking and loupe, histograms, an adaptive level grid, and manual depth capture. Customize controls to adapt the app to your needs.
Halide’s ProRAW support* is unmatched. Strike the right balance between file size and editing latitude by choosing between 12-bit and 10-bit ProRAW, with or without JPEG sidecars. Effortlessly switch to native RAW, for greater detail and speed.
- Beautiful, intuitive gesture-based interface, usable with one hand
- Take portraits of pets and objects on iPhone XR and iPhone SE
- Manual focus, and powerful tools like a Focus Loupe and Focus Peaking
- Smart automatic mode with Halide Smart RAW, optimizing settings with Machine Learning for RAW files with less noise and more detail
- Full manual exposure controls including shutter speed, ISO and white balance
- Best-on-iPhone exposure tools: histograms, XDR 14-bit RGB waveform, and color zebra stripes
- Captures RAW, TIFF, HEIC or JPG for the best quality shots
- Grid overlay with built-in level
- A powerful reviewer to view DNG, JPG, HEIC and Live Photos, as well as Portrait depth data and mattes, with a detailed metadata view
- Instant RAW development process to quickly develop your RAW files in a tap
- Technical Readout to view all details of your iPhone camera hardware
- Apple Watch companion app for remote shooting
- Siri Shortcuts support to trigger the shutter remotely, or open Halide in Auto or Manual mode
- Coverage, a powerful new feature to take two photos with a small delay to capture both a maximum-Smart HDR processed image with Deep Fusion and Smart HDR, as well as a DNG RAW.
- Become a better photographer by signing up for comprehensive lessons like a 10-day quick tutorial right from the app.
- Private by Design: Halide does not include any trackers or tracking, has not third party libraries, does not collect data or photos, and never transmits any information. Halide also includes features to reduce spying by companies like Facebook by limiting location information on photos shared from the app.
- Feature limitations:
*ProRAW requires iPhone 12 Pro or Pro Max or iPhone 13 Pro and Pro Max
The Ultra Wide and selfie cameras do not support RAW or manual focus unless on iOS 15.
Waveform requires iPhone 8 or later. (8, X, XS, XR, SE2, 11, 12, 13)
Depth Capture requires iPhone 7 Plus, 8, X, XS, XR, 11, 12, 13 or SE2
This update includes a few updated translations and other small bug fixes. It builds on top of our exciting update that brings you a collection of widgets to quickly launch Halide in specific modes, such as with a telephoto lens or our acclaimed Macro Mode. We have exciting things planned for next year, but in the meantime, we hope you relax, enjoy time with family, and celebrate the holidays in whatever way you do. See you bright and early in 2022!
Ratings and Reviews
Your iPhone has an excellent camera and the picture wizards at Lux Optics want to help photographers make the most of it. Hey presto: Halide Camera! It’s designed around two principles: the kind of granular settings you’d expect from a professional DSLR; and a slick, one-handed interface that complements today’s devices.
Okay, realistically, I’ll probably never use this app. I’m one of those old skool types who needs to see the world through a viewfinder. No screens will suffice (except for post prod). HOWEVER - these guys do it right, IMHO. They tell you right up front that Halide ain’t free, but give you a reasonable subscription cost and a week to see if it’s worth it. Hate subscriptions? (I do) Okay, you can buy it outright (though it IS a bit expensive to do so). Better yet - no data scavenging. Funny how so many people think everything should be free for them. Free healthcare, free education, free music, free movies, free apps. Folks, ain’t NOTHIN free. Somebody, somewhere is paying for it all, and eventually the tab will make its way back around to you in some fashion. Devs need to buy groceries too. When you find one that’s up front about it, offers a quality product and doesn’t try to soak you a week’s pay for it (oh, that’s right… you probably work for free too. My bad.) maybe crack your wallet open just a bit and show them some love.
I’m new to IPhone photography and I have an IPhone XR “yes I know the 12 is out “ but that’s not an option for me right now lol. I poured over review after review on which camera app was best for me as a beginner and was instantly drawn to Halide even though I was Nervous I wouldn’t understand how to use it. I went back-and-forth for about a week and all of a sudden the mark two announcement was made. I took that as a sign since Halide had already been out for a bit. With only a couple days using the app I have to say I feel like it’s one of the best decisions I’ve made on the App Store. The ability have the raw, JPEG and the mixed image is amazing Because it gives beginners the ability to actually see the difference side-by-side. The UI is very clean elegant and calm and very much appreciated by a noob like myself. I’m still in my Trial period but my photos look amazing and I cannot stop taking pictures lol. Super excited to edit some of my raw photos this evening. To all my newbies out there who may be in a position like I was where you want the best quality but you also need it to be cost effective and future proof you will not regret Halide . Ben, Sebastiaan,Rebecca,
Thank you for a beautiful product and Cheers to you all.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Lux Optics Incorporated
- 21.8 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Lux Optics Inc
- In-App Purchases
- Yearly $11.99
- Monthly $2.99
- One Time Purchase $49.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.