Now there's a simple, elegant and customizable way to get all of the Hartford Courant's exclusive, premium storytelling on your iPhone and iPad.
• Stay informed with Connecticut's best source of news, sports, business and entertainment
• Enjoy exclusive videos and photo galleries
• Save must-read stories, photos and videos for when you have the time to enjoy them
• Get the latest breaking news from our newsroom in your notifications
• Share stories easily with Twitter, Facebook, or email
• Offline reading: Download and read content offline
• Quick link to our eNewspaper website
• Customize your font size for optimal legibility
• Download the app to enjoy enjoy a sampling of free stories each month. For full access, try a free month of Unlimited Digital Access to the app, the Hartford Courant website, and our eNewspaper; then it's only $7.99 a month. Make sure to create a registration while in the app so you'll be able to log in to the website and eNewspaper when you visit them in web browsers.
• Your subscription automatically renews each month unless auto-renew is turned off within your Account Settings at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Your iTunes account will be charged $7.99 for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
• You can read our Terms of Service here: http://www.tribpub.com/central-terms-of-service/
• Questions about your subscription, including adding or removing Web access to the website from your app access, can be directed to Customer Service: 860-785-4888.
CRASHES / PROBLEMS?
We've been working hard to fix any and all crashes in the app. If you're still experiencing crashes or freezes after installing this update, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. A quick email to our support team helps our developers identify and resolve crashes faster.
We release regular updates to clean up bugs and optimize your reading experience.
We've also made usability improvements to allow you to swipe between articles.
Ratings and Reviews
Match Pictures to Stories
Overall nice job. When going from article to article however, sometimes the wrong picture loads for a story.
More stable than past, but tweaks necessary.
Revising my previous review: I have learned to accept the ads, everyone needs a source of income.
My last eat suggestions are just some tweaks for a smoother User Interface:
1. there is no function to close videos once they are viewed, forcing me to close the app and open it again;
2. If the app is suspended, the previous article will not load again, forcing me to close the app and open it again; and
3. I cannot always find the latest articles when searching for their specific titles.
If you have a dedicated app development team, these would be great bug fixes to implement if you have no plans to redesign the app.
Irritating ads even for paid subscribers
The ads have become much more invasive recently, even when I am already paying to access the articles. I could live with the ads injected between and in the stories, but the auto-playing video ads, which are very startling, especially when you are trying to read in a quiet place, and the full screen ads that I have to sit through when I first open the app, are really obnoxious. Please choose a business model and stop alienating your paying customers.
- Tribune Company
- 106.8 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2016 Hartford Courant
- In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Digital Access $7.99
- News App Only $4.99
- Unlimited Digital Access $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.