Now there's a simple, elegant and customizable way to get essential Morning Call news, sports, business and entertainment coverage on your iPhone or iPad.
• Stay informed with Allentown's best source of news, sports, business and entertainment
• Sign up for push notifications to get the latest news from our newsroom as soon as stories break
• Enjoy exclusive videos and photo galleries
• Save must-read stories, photos and videos for when you have the time to enjoy them
• Turn your device sideways for an entirely different visual view of the news (iPad only)
• Get the latest breaking news from our newsroom in your notifications
• Share stories easily with Twitter, Facebook, or email
• Offline reading: Download and read content offline
• Download the app to enjoy a sampling of free stories each month. For full access, try a free month of Unlimited Digital Access to the app, the Morning Call website, and our eNewspaper; then it's only $7.99 a month. Make sure to create a registration while in the app so you'll be able to log in to the website and eNewspaper when you visit them in web browsers.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
• Your subscription automatically renews each month unless auto-renew is turned off within your Account Settings at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Your iTunes account will be charged $7.99 for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
• You can read our Terms of Service here: http://www.tribpub.com/central-terms-of-service/
• Questions about your subscription, including adding or removing Web access to the Morning Call website from your app access, can be directed to Customer Service: 610-440-3679.
CRASHES / PROBLEMS?
We've been working hard to fix any and all crashes in the app. If you're still experiencing crashes or freezes after installing this update, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. A quick email to our support team helps our developers identify and resolve crashes faster.
We've redesigned this app to provide you with a better reading experience.
Ratings and Reviews
I realize a need for change to keep things fresh, but the new iPad layout was not thought out very well. It has created too much additional hunting to find subjects.
Content is good. App is ok. Widget doesn’t work.
This is not a review of The Morning Call’s content. This is a review of the app. Which is fine, if a little clunky. However, i’d love to be able to reach articles via the widget but it doesn’t work. It used to work fine. Then a few months ago an issue started that when you click on an article nothing happened. Wrote app support. They took weeks to get back to me and kept asking me the same questions over and over and asking for screen captures of the widget. Because somehow static photos are going to help them get their stuff to work?
Anyway, that’s not really an issue anymore because now the widget doesn’t load any stories at all and tech support stopped responding to my emails. Thinking I’ll just cancel my online subscription (which costs $16 a month!). I was really trying to support local journalism but if they can’t be bothered to keep their stuff working then why should I be bothered to support it?
TL;DR- Widget is broken and tech support stinks.
The Morning Call has spammed me unrelentingly for years. I downloaded this app so I could leave this review. I have no idea how they got my email address, but no amount of unsubscribing or complaining to them or marking them as spam in gmail can stop whoever their marketing genius is from getting past the filters yet again. They must change addresses and domains to accomplish this, and while it’s some technical feat, it probably isn’t legal. I desperately want off this obnoxious list and am simply trying one more venue here to attempt to effect that. I guess my next step would need to be a state attorney general in Pennsylvania.
- Tribune Company
- 108.8 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2016 Morning Call
- In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Digital Access $7.99
- News App Only $4.99
- Unlimited Digital Access $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.